Switching 1999 Cobra bumper cover to 2003 cover???

snakejake

Established Member
I have a question about switching my 1999 Cobra bumper cover and putting a 2003 Cobra cover on. Does anybody know if it will fit? Has anybody ever done this before? I have compared the two and they appear to be interchangeable but I do not know if the shock absorber underneath is the same. I am trying to decide whether or not to do this before my car goes into the body shop. Any help would be much appreciated.

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
I'd imagine the parts are all interchangeable-like using saleen pieces-the only thing I could think of would be that the sideskirts might not line up and the rear might be off. You'd probably be better off doin the whole deal, front,rear-and sideskirts-hell sidescoops too. Just for the correct look. The '03's have a black piece at the bottom of their bumpers that the earlier cars don't have.

kj385

Established Member
The rear bumper may be a straight swap. But the front bumper only works with the 03 Cobra hood. (Hood would not close with 03 bumper and stock hood.)

snakeeyes99

SVT Poster
Established Member
It does bolt right up. I did it to my 99 cobra. The hood of the 99-01's frown down more. It is a tight fit, but it works. The hood touches the bumper very slightly. You can look on www.steeda.com and see the black 03 there with a steeda hood. The steeda hood does the same thing. So go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread