Switched over to Mobil 1

NCStanger

Established Member
this weekend at 26K miles. Wasn't going to wait any longer so I broke down and paid the big bucks for fully synthetic oil. Went with the 5W 30 that said "for Newer Cars" on the case. Sounds like a sales line to me, but guess it helps new car owners decide. Oil is still very thin like the Motorcraft, but better I'm sure. Probably just a placebo effect on my mind, but car seems to respond a little better with the Mobil 1 in. I also have more peace of mind with it protecting my engine I feel. Nothing beats peace of mind. Duck the Fealerships if they don't like it. Haven't been there in 10K miles anyway and really don't plan on going back unless it's absolutely neccessary.

Oh, and thanks to person who reposted info on ac line hose touching heads on engine and melting, because I checked mine this weekend and sure enough it was almost touching and rubber had already started melting on the hose. I wrapped with some muffler repair tape and think I'm in good shape now to prevent it from melting any further.'

Peace out!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
OMG! Thanks for the AC line reminder. I meant to check mine last week and completely forgot. I just emailed my home as a reminder to get it done today. :beer:

LCCOBRA

Established Member
did a search and can't find any info. ANyone have the post? I'm also thinking about switching come spring. Have about 5000 miles on my beast. Worth a seach on oil.

Stratman

Established Member
I've used Mobil 1 for many years including their oil filter for my Fords and felt it was the best for our Colorado climate. However, just recently I switched to Royal Purple 5-20 for Tarus and F-150. Check out their website and read what they have to say about their products. My Cobra will stay with Motorcraft oil until 5000 miles then it gets a taste of Royal Purple along with a Mobil 1 syn. filter. Any comments from others about Royal Purple?

Users who are viewing this thread