Switched from Pony to Cobra Grill Ornament - Did you paint?

04CobraOwner

Established Member
Behind the Pony was a bit of painted yellow - did you guys paint here when you changed emblems (or did a grill delete on the older models)?

oh - and this newbie will start posting pics when he figures out HOW...

Last edited:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Kind of looks like a funny little paint swatch back there. I don't really notice it that much.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
I painted mine semi-gloss black. The little bit of Orange behind the Snake threw it all off IMO. It kinda bothers me when I don't see it painted on other cars (minus black), especially when the car is a bright color like yellow or orange or red.

Tucker

I painted mine also.
I ust sprayed some black into the cap and brushed it on.
Just enough to not see white.

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
I cut a piece of thin black rubber foam (like those things to keep your beer from making our hand cold) about 1/4" bigger then the hole in the plastic, then I tucked the excess behind the plastic and it looks perfect.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
Good idea, Nicky. I might try that to see how I like it. I've gotta take my emblem off and repaint the emblem bracket itself. The black paint on the bracket seems to have chipped and there's a visible rust spot now. :(

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
I had a piece of foam rubber sitting in my tool box, and I figured I'd try it....and it worked....infact, the body shop manager asked me what I did and I told him....since then, he has done it on atleast 3 cutomer cars!

StngStr

Mustang-less
Established Member
I'm confused. Did you just replace the emblem and not the piece it's stuck to? I replaced the whole thing.

White01Cobra

Established Member
I cut two small pieces of black electrical tape and just stuck it in there, I couldn't stand looking at that little spot of white.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I have no idea what you are all talking about. I have the Snake in my grill, and all I see is black surrounding it.

TREV17

Established Member
alright you guys tell the freakin new guy where to get the grill cobra emblem? please.
dealership here ha no clue where to get it-

Users who are viewing this thread