Switched from a centrifugal to a KB-Pics

screwed

'Round And 'Round I Go
Established Member
Went from 663 rwhp with a T Trim to 568 rwhp with the KB at 9 psi and a 100 shot. A lot of people question me as to why I did this and it's simply bc the car was getting out of hand and I decided to tone it down a bit. After riding in an 03 cobra I knew what kind of blower I wanted so I went with the little 1.7 KB. Anyway, here are a few pics of the finished install. Hopefully, I'll be able to pick the car up next weekend and have some fun.

061704deadlurkeratt&jpics4.jpg

061704deadlurkeratt&jpics3.jpg

061704deadlurkeratt&jpics2.jpg

061704deadlurkeratt&jpics.jpg

Last edited:

Speed_Demon1965

Established Member
How much boost were you running with the T trim? If it's the same boost as you are running with the KB, then why would power go down that much?

Looks damn good, btw.

Zgarske01

Established Member
he was running alot more boost with the t trim but i believe because of his built engine the compression levels are not allowing him to see 14lbs of boost with the 14lb pulley so instead hes seeing 9lbs

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Yeah, how much boost was coming out of the T trim? I gather a lot more. Anyway, you're gonna get a helluva lot more usable torque out of this.

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
Georgia right? When are you gonna come over and install mine on my GT? :)

Looks badass. Would love to see it in person.

screwed

'Round And 'Round I Go
Established Member
Thanks for the kind words everyone, it's appreciated. I was running 17 psi with the T Trim and with the KB and a 2 3/8" pulley (smallest they offer) that is designed for 14 psi we're only seeing 9 psi due to the ported heads and cams. I wouldv'e liked to get 14 psi out of it but knew that wouldn't happen so it's fine.

The spray is there for the rare occasion that I go to the track to give me that added "grunt".........it'll never be used on the street. I don't have a problem with running two power adders as the car is tuned for it and I trust my builder/tuner.

I will hopefully be heading up to Atlanta to pick the car up next weekend and shortly thereafter will try to get some vids up..........minus loud music.:) Thanks again for everyone being so kind.:)

Spitfire_GT

Back in the saddle
Established Member
Needs a chrome alternator. ;-)

Looks great man, I think you started something.
I saw smithaltanta posting about swapping out his Vortech to the KB. :rockon:

screwed

'Round And 'Round I Go
Established Member
Originally posted by Spitfire_GT
Needs a chrome alternator. ;-)

Looks great man, I think you started something.
I saw smithaltanta posting about swapping out his Vortech to the KB. :rockon:
:lol: Yes it does.

Thanks man. I saw that Mike was doing the swap too lol.

screwed

'Round And 'Round I Go
Established Member
Originally posted by ROUSHSTANG
Nice ride...so what you runnin' at the track?

Don't have it back yet.................

Orignally posted by screwedI will hopefully be heading up to Atlanta to pick the car up next weekend
..............but when I do get it back track outings will be rare. I've had my fun at the dragstrip and now it's time to enjoy it like intended-on the street.:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread