Swirls

SVT2122

Established Member
Well, I got a PC4737 for my graduation present last year, and I'm using PB's SSR line and for the life of me I can't get these swirls out of my lightning. I met the owner and creator of poor boys and he told me to use the SSR2.5 with an orange pad and than follow up with SSR1 on a white or black finishing pad and use the PC at 5k to break the polish down. nothing is working for me. Anyone have advice for me, I have to be doing something wrong.

Thanks,
Sean

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
You may not be breaking the polish down long enough. How long are you taking to do a 2'x2' area?

You may need a polish with more cut.

snakecharmer

Established Member
How severe are we talking? If they are very deep, then no polisher is going to bring it all back, you may have to resort instead to having it wet-sanded. Post some high quality closeups if you can so we can see what you are dealing with.

SVT2122

Established Member
They're not bad at all, its just that they won't go away. And my apologies its the 7424, I don't know where I came up with 4737. I've never really paid any attention to how long its taken me to do a panel. If someone could maybe post pictures of what the SSR should look like while being broken down that would be much appreciated. I've been trying to start a side business doing this kind of work but don't want to until I've got the trade down better.

SVT2122

Established Member
Water spots are one thing I thankfully don't have to deal with anymore, I have a water softener system that runs through my whole house. I just finished getting all the paint, bugs and tar off my truck from last week at the track. Swear to god I'm never going again after all that work. I'm going to clean my pads tonight and buff the shit out of it tommorow. I'll take pictures of before and after and let me know what you think.

Here's some pictures from about a month ago.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=494538

Users who are viewing this thread