Swirls in paint

FriscoCobra

Established Member
Just bought a black 04 cobra in december brand new off the lot. The problem is that the paint looks like it has swirled scratches in the paint. Is this normal and can it be taken care of by being buffed out? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Never use a buffer to remove swirl marks.

I would use Meguiar's Scratch-X with a soft terry cloth. It works quite well. You can also use Blue Magic metal polish to get any tough spots. Finish off with 2-3 coats of good quality wax. :thumbsup:

spree

Established Member
PlatinumCobra said:

Since when?

Get yourself a PC7424 w/ a good cutting pad and some Poorboy's SSR2.5...it'll be byebye swirl marks with minimal effort.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
spree said:
Since when?

Get yourself a PC7424 w/ a good cutting pad and some Poorboy's SSR2.5...it'll be byebye swirl marks with minimal effort.

I've never had good luck with the finish work using an orbital buffer. You don't have the touch you normally do with a soft terry and a keen eye.

I guess I'm old fashioned. Then again, all of my vehicles have zero swirls. :beer:

Blackhalo

Established Member
I tried the swirl-x remover stuff and no luck on my car :/ So, got me a pc just need to order some ssr and a cutting pad and i should be set.

blowngt

Established Member
PlatinumCobra said:

I would use Meguiar's Scratch-X with a soft terry cloth. It works quite well. You can also use Blue Magic metal polish to get any tough spots. Finish off with 2-3 coats of good quality wax. :thumbsup:

Check out this thread.... http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157202

I used to think the same way, but have since changed my mind. The PC is almost idiot proof, and as long as you have the right products and pads, it's the easiest way to a swirl free finish.

93Snake

The PC is not your run of the mill orbital buffer, I had an old orbital and it didn't compare to the pc at all.

Users who are viewing this thread