Sway Bar Relocation Question

scotmach

Established Member
I realize these are needed to run a 15x10 wheel but according to BMR's website if you're running lower control relocation brackets these also have to be modified but they don't explain how? What and how much modification is needed on the lower control arm relocation brackets?

RSKtakR

Established Member
You are better off just pulling off your LCA relocation brackets and getting some like these..2005-2012 Ford Mustang Rear Control Arm Relocation Brackets- Bolt In [1060] - $129.99 : UMI Performance, Inc.

reason being that the 90 degree turn of the sway bar will NOT clear the the 90 turn on the LCA reloc bracket when the sway bar reloc kit is installed. The LCA reloc brackets will need to be "notched out" for the sway bar to set higher up due to the sway bar reloc brackets, its easier to just replace the LCA reloc brackets.

Last edited:

RSKtakR

Established Member

RSKtakR

Established Member
I know the problem they are talking about because I ran into it on a friends GT500. Those BMR's look like they are notched out just like the UMI ones so I wouldn't think they need to be modified at all.. ??? He bought the BMR LCA's to fix the problem and I was running the UMI reloc brackets on my car with the sway bar reloc brackets, and neither had any interference problems with the sway bar.

scotmach

Established Member
Thanks for your help. Mine are notched so if there was any grinding it would be minimal I would think. I'll contact Kelly @ BMR just to see what they are talking about.

With the new direct drill Racestars are the Mcgard lug nuts still recommended?

Last edited:

RSKtakR

Established Member
Thanks for your help. Mine are notched so if there was any grinding it would be minimal I would think. I'll contact Kelley @ BMR just to see what they are talking about.

With the new direct drill Racestars are the Mcguard lug nuts still recommended?

My Racestars were not the direct drill type and I was using Mcgard, however I would suggest still using a good lug nut like those for any aluminum wheel.

alex12gt

Established Member
Thanks for your help. Mine are notched so if there was any grinding it would be minimal I would think. I'll contact Kelley @ BMR just to see what they are talking about.

With the new direct drill Racestars are the Mcguard lug nuts still recommended?

yeah screw the racestar lugs and idk this is just my opinion but why run 10in im dead hooking launching on 275 mt street et pros at 5000 rpm and this tire is run on some 8 sec cars....8in tire also offers less rolling resistance then a 10in just my thoughts

scotmach

Established Member
yeah screw the racestar lugs and idk this is just my opinion but why run 10in im dead hooking launching on 275 mt street et pros at 5000 rpm and this tire is run on some 8 sec cars....8in tire also offers less rolling resistance then a 10in just my thoughts

Having a hard time understanding you but you're suggesting 15x8 wheels with something along the lines of a M/T 275/60-15 tire?

And which Mcgards do I use with the direct drill type wheels?

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member

Most guys in the 275 class running 8's are running a 10"-12" wide wheel.

byeofcr

Established Member
i feel like im in the twilight zone lol wasnt all this posted in the DR thread like 5 posts up?

scotmach

Established Member
The Mcgard 63004, they come with better washers than the racestar ones. The qaulity between the mcgard and the racestar lugs are night and day.

So the off set washers are still used with the direct drill? Okay, thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread