swapped X pipe for an H pipe, now having bucking issues

shelbygt

Established Member
Yesterday I removed the BBK X pipe because I couldn't take the rattling metal sound anymore. Having Flowmasters, so I am told, makes it worse.

I took out the old 02 sensors and replaced them into the new H pipe. So now when cruising at 1800-2200 RPM the car bucks slightly but quite noticeably. When I put the 02 sensors back in, I applied a bit of anti seize compound on the threads of the sensors. Is it possible the sensors got some compound on them? If so, are they still useable? Or is it possible the car was tuned with an X pipe and now I have changed the specs?

The car sounds MUCH better now!! But I will miss the sound of open throttle with the X....just not the tin can rattle :rolling:

Thanks for any advice,
Dave

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
make sure all your o2 sensors are still connected correctly, take them out and put them back in, could you have knocked any of the headers if you have them? not sure what setup you are running

FunkyBoss

Established Member
It's possible one of the O2's is malfunctioning, if so you should have a CEL in a couple days. Are you sure there are no exhaust leaks?

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Did you reset your ECU?

If you want any immediate changes/fixes to be reflect with your ECU, you do have to reset/reboot the damn thing.

Unplug the battery for a while, plug it back in and you should be set.

shelbygt

Established Member
Well I pulled the CEL bulb a few weeks back, since I had planned on replacing the X pipe with the H and add MIL eliminators. So I have to put the bulb back in and install the MIL eliminators and run the OBD2 scanner and see what I get. I never had to deal with O2 sensors and I thought I was missing something obvious.
Thanks again everyone!
Dave

Last edited:

My94GT

Established Member
put the bulb back in and get the codes cleared. also o2 sensors are cheap it may not hurt to pick up a set

jlauth

Established Member
put the bulb back in and get the codes cleared. also o2 sensors are cheap it may not hurt to pick up a set

Cheep? About $90 a piece from the Ford dealer, and I believe $70 at auto parts stores.

What do you know that I don't? Where can get some for that cheep, b/c I want some?

Wraith_2006

Established Member
yeah I just had to price out O2 sensors and they said 62.49

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread