Swap MT82 out, installed Tremec magnum XL 2.97 cruise control doesnt work in 6th gear

Tavigator1

I have a 2015 mustang took out mt82 and installed tremec magnum xl w/2.97 1st gear. changed out clutch and flywheel also. Did a crank relearn. Cruise control doesn't work in 6th gear but does in 4th an 5th gear. Bought kit from D&D performance it came with Abbot modulator box installed it also. Throttle hangs for 2-4 seconds when shifting from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd.
I'm open for any suggestions or ideas?

Cyclerick

Established Member
Did you have your tune adjusted for the new gear ratios? That might fix the throttle hanging.
When you did or had the throttle relearn did you request that the tune not be adjusted. It might have been returned to stock.
I have the Tremec in my 2011 GT and heard of others with no cruise or cruise only in 5th gear. I luckily have one that works in 6th. I never heard of a solution for the cruise although this is the first I've heard of throttle issues.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Jpc installed my tremec magnum i have cruise control in 5th and 6th the only two gears i'd use it in. They say the tune strategy is what determines which gears it shows up in...oh and get 4:10's its alot more fun with a tremec!!

Tavigator1

Thanks for the input. Blow by racing did a 2015 swap and took the Abbot ratio box out and put in a pigtail and then did a reprogram in the PCM but I never got the complete run down on what they reprogram. The speedometer on 2015 is taken off the ABS sensor on the rear wheels not the trans.

3.7cyclone

AKA Bananana, 5.0yote
Established Member
Correct the speedo, axle ratio/tire size is now taken off the BCM for the ABS module instead of the PCM via the can bus network it previously was in, now its behind the security system etc and has to be programmed separately which cannot be done via the tune itself. Newer IDS updates allows for that reprogramming and whipple has a tool that does it too, Livernois has a similar tool that only does the F150 at present. Curious how they programmed it.

CA15GT

Were you ever able to resolve the hang on the 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 shift? I just got mine installed the other day and I'm dealing with the same issue.

Isedawishy

Were you ever able to resolve the hang on the 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 shift? I just got mine installed the other day and I'm dealing with the same issue.

Were you able to determine a resolution?

I installed an MSD-8509 to convert the signal and also had Lund refresh my tune, but my RPMs are still hanging to the point it's frustrating to drive.

Isedawishy

Just to respond with an update for whoever else stumbles on this.

Lund was able to resolve the rev hanging issues with the MSD-8509. The benefit here is that the MSD-8509 is $90 compared to the Abbott at $180. Lund was extremely patient in working through it and it turned into 4 revisions.

I know a lot of folks have had issues with cruise control, so I did test in 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th and it worked in all of them.

Reach out to Lund if you run into this issue. Let them know what converter box you're using, your transmission gears and your final gear. He mentioned that he has also resolved this for folks using an Abbott, so either way you're covered.

Users who are viewing this thread