Swap an 03 cobra engine into a mach 1? whats needed?

longrodLX

Established Member
Well actually it will be going into a modular foxbody notchback which has complete mach 1 engine and tranny and all wiring, ecm, dash, fuel system with sumped tank and dual focus pumps.....all the electronics are mach 1. What will I need to change in order to run an 03 cobra engine in the car? Wil I have to swap out electronics or will everything work? Will I need a new computer or can I just tune the mach 1 computer to work with the 03 cobra engine?

thanks

Troyz R Us

Outlaw Division
Established Member
You can use the existing Mach 1 wiring and computer and everything you listed, but you'll need a tune. Are you actually swapping the entire engine with an 03 engine that already has accessories/brackets and everything? If so, then it will be an easy swap and not much will be needed.

If you plan to piece it together, the list of parts will be long.

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
Well actually it will be going into a modular foxbody notchback which has complete mach 1 engine and tranny and all wiring, ecm, dash, fuel system with sumped tank and dual focus pumps.....all the electronics are mach 1. What will I need to change in order to run an 03 cobra engine in the car? Wil I have to swap out electronics or will everything work? Will I need a new computer or can I just tune the mach 1 computer to work with the 03 cobra engine?

thanks

In the end it's not worth it bro, a Mach engine already has the Terminator block & heads. All you need is the pistons and rods and your good to go for a good build

fas4d

Established Member
If I where you I would procharge the Mach motor and call it a day. If 490rwhp wont be enough then you'll have to change the rods and piston.

mkb116

Established Member
In the end it's not worth it bro, a Mach engine already has the Terminator block & heads. All you need is the pistons and rods and your good to go for a good build

Actually Mach 1's come with aluminum block and 03/04 cobra's come with iron. People prefer the aluminum blocks because they are lighter.

Users who are viewing this thread