SVT's letter to 99 cobra owners

4camV8

Established Member
I am sure most of you have read this, or even received it from SVT, but for those of us who bought our 99's used, you might like to read this. I had never seen it, so i thought i'd share

Dear ______,

Developing performance vehicles that deliver years of driving pleasure and value for the automotive enthusiast is our mission at Ford's Special Vehicle Team (SVT), and our customer's satisfaction is our number-one priority. A number of our valued 1999 SVT Mustang Cobra owners have expressed concerns
regarding engine performance. SVT has determined that the engine performance on some 1999 SVT Cobra vehicles is lower then what was expected.

While the number of reported customer concerns is relatively small, there is no way to verify how many or which vehicles are affected. As your probably already know, engine performance may vary from vehicle to vehicle. Performance can also vary based on other factors, including road and weather
conditions, vehicle load, mileage, and driver performance. Furthermore, since Cobra is a powerful car, it is possible that a driver may not notice any power reduction.

In the interest of customer satisfaction, we will be offering a no-cost customer satisfaction program to all 1999 SVT Cobra owners. The customer satisfaction program will consist of a remanufactured intake manifold with improved airflow, a new low restriction exhaust muffler assembly, and a
recalibration of the engine electronic control module. In the coming months, when parts are available, you will be mailed an official communication (Owner Notification Program) from Ford Customer Service Division. An SVT representative will personally assist you in scheduling your service appointment, and in making this process as convenient as possible for you.

We encourage you to continue to enjoy your vehicle prior to it being serviced. This condition does not affect the reliability, safety, emissions, durability, driveability, or any other performance aspect of your Cobra. At this time there is no action required on your part. However, if you have any questions, please contact the SVT InfoCenter at 1-800-FORD-SVT.

Sincerely,

Tom Scarpello
Specialty Vehicle Marketing Manager
Chief Program Engineer

nj7703

Established Member
Nice to see them addressing issues. I hope you 99 guys get those upgrades :beer:

4camV8

Established Member
Originally posted by ssssnake
What was the date of the letter? I think we got it and had it done on our 99.

I don't know exactly, but it was definitely from 99 or 00 at the latest. It's been around awhile... not exactly news, but news to me. I mean i knew about the recalls, but it was interesting to see what they'd actually said to owners at the time.

Rearpl8tsinsite

QQQQ
Established Member
Somebody on here told me that it is commonly known as "The Fix". What a cool thing for Ford to do. Even if it is a recall at least they had the balls to correct the problem.

Maximus67

Established Member
Yeah, this letter about "the fix" came out in late summer of 99 once all the owners started calling SVT about their crappy dyno #'s. My understanding is that all of them should have got the fix by now.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
That is the "FIX" .... I doubt there are any 99s on the road that haven't been fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread