SVT's and matching numbers

Canty

500+ HP Cobra is my goal
Established Member
I have a 01 Cobra that I bought about a year ago. It now has about 77000 miles on it. I know I am thinking way ahead but I want to be ready when the time comes. If nothing goes wrong with the motor between now and 100000 miles I want to pull it and rebuild it. BUT!! I dont want to build it at stock specs. I want to build it for some great numbers. So, my question is this...Does the serial number on the block match the car number? Or is it just a serial number and nothing more. I dont want to split up a car with matching numbers if in fact these numbers are kept. Am I making sense? I hope so. The reason I am asking this is becuase if the numbers match I am thinking of rebuilding it for a twin turbo set up running about 25psi, On the other hand, it matching numbers are not an issue then I am thinking of dropping an all aluminum 5.4 (supercharged or Twin Turboed not sure which). Can someone please tell me if in fact these numbers matter.
Matt

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
EDIT: Hot chick avatar was removed.
I dont know but I love your avatar.

Last edited:

Canty

500+ HP Cobra is my goal
Established Member
Well, this sucks. I have a Avatar I like and it gets changed. Why? Heck, I dont know. I do know that on this same site are pictures worse then my AV which I have been complimented on before. Secondly...I still have no answer on my numbers question. Explainations on both would be nice.
Matt

Users who are viewing this thread