Svtp's opinion..Used Cars/SUVs around 10k

stangboy04

Tre' flippin
Established Member
Hey everybody, I'm in the market for another vehicle, my budget is about 10k give or take to keep payments down. This will also be the first vehicle I've ever made payments on, I'm just wondering on what your guys opinion are of some reliable cars, trucks or SUVs, in that price range.

I was considering the usual Honda for the cars side of it, getting into a newer accord, or the Mazda 6 has been at the top of my list for a while, I really like the way they look, and have seen pretty decent results out of them.

Looking at a Chevy trailblazer today, it's in very good shape and condition, but up there in price. I've been considering mainly tahoes and yukons as I hear good things from them as well.

I live in a cold climate (rocky mountains). So 4x4 is a plus, but not necessary, I'm a sports car guy but have to stay within my means and get a reliable solid car this time around. I'd prefer 4 doors, something sporty-ish, mainly something that I can enjoy driving every day versus a boring little car. Any opinions and help is appreciated! Thanks!

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Look into a 2006 Buick Rainier. Much cheaper than the trailblazer- and more luxury. No one knows to search them- but they are a GREAT value.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
You will like the 6, my buddy has a speed 3 and its a really nice car, and runs great.

Evan5469

Established Member
I just bought an 04 Grand Cherokee Limited for just over 10k a few months ago. Only has 50k miles on it and has been well maintained. I had searched for a couple months to find it though.

Older Acura TL's and RL's are nice/sporty and have available AWD.

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
rocky mountains? why not a manual trans subaru? awd, reliable, high resale value, fun to drive.

clbailey

Established Member
Mids 90s Cherokee. Not a Grand Cherokee, regular Cherokee, straight 6 4wd. Awesome daily driver that holds value, cheap to do easy mods, bullet proof motor and drivetrain as long as you stay within tire size limits for the stock axles.

KingJacobo

GM Fanboy Gone Darkside
Established Member
I say get an older Subie WRX or Yukon/tahoe if you wanna go the SUV route and don't mind 16 mpg. My parents have a yukon xl and it's great. Huge, roomy, good pickup for an aircraft sized SUV

Users who are viewing this thread