SVTperformance Heisman (POLL)

Who (should) win the Heisman Trophy this year?

• Matt Leinart

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Reggie Bush

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Jason White

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Adrian Peterson

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Alex Smith

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elliotness

Established Member
So who should wint the Heisman this year. I think Reggie Bush is the most valuable player but I think the award should go to Adrian Peterson for being the most outstanding football player....

spinscan

Established Member
The Heisman is nothing but a joke. Cedric Benson, the best running back in the country wasn't even invited. Total bs.

no cigar

I want a $944 camera!
Established Member
spinscan said:
The Heisman is nothing but a joke. Cedric Benson, the best running back in the country wasn't even invited. Total bs.
Amen... Sooners suck! :pop:

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
Benson
10-1 - record
303 - carries
1764 - total yads
5.8 - yards per carry
19 - TD
22 - Rec
179 - recieving yards
8.1 - Avg per reception
1 - Recieving td

Peterson
12-0

Closer than I thought they were. But I still think Benson is going to be a great, great NFL running back. And Peterson only being a freshman will get overlooked but he was very, very good also.

JTSVT

Equal Opportunity AzzKker
Established Member
Ill have to agree...Benson was ROBBED.....I did vote for Peterson though, because that kid has some wheels and insane field awareness.....and for a freshman to be putting up #'s similar to Benson thats pretty damn good, although I dont think they'll give it to the fish.......I thought it was Benson's for sure, but I guess the voters had there heads in their asses......Jason White did pretty good but hell he already received one, give it to another deserving person....If he wins Ill be pissed.......JT

Elliotness

Established Member
I think Benson is a very good back. The reason I voted for Peterson was because the guy put up his numbers when the team needed him. I know it's not fair to Benson, but how did Benson do against Oklahoma. In my opinion, the teams performance in that game killed any hope he had at the Heisman unless he rushed for well over 2K yards. Not fair but that's how it works. Watch and see Leinart will win based on his big performance against ND.

The Benson and Peterson are virtually indistinguishable save UT's poor performance against Oklahoma. So I think you have to give it to Peterson. He's helped his team win when it counted.

Elliotness

Established Member
Why are people voting for Bush! I agree the guy is awesome but he isn't even a full time running back on his own team. You guys do know we are talking about Reggie Bush the football player don't you?????

04DarkShadowGT

Established Member
The funny thing is the ones complaining about Benson being robbed are from Texas. :)

I voted for Peterson, he wont win because hes a freshman but he is deserving. He was the reason Oklahoma won a couple games and he kept them in the hunt for the title.

All the candidates are deserving but here is my breakdown

Peterson > White > Smith > Linert > Bush

Rwick7

Established Member
Reggie Bush gets my vote...he is the most impressive college player I have seen since Marshall Faulk was running all over weak competition at SDSU. He just looks a cut above everyone else to me.

soonerjoe

Established Member
White is the best player in the country. He is so accurate. Peterson is very good, but I think White, and Leinart (sp) are better.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
White should repeat. Benson got hosed by not even being invited. At least he won the Doak last night. Edwards won the Bilitnekoff, that's all I care about. Bush is an exciting player, but he doesn't get enough touches. Don't be surprised when 2 UM guys are in NYC soon.

spree

Established Member
Leinart. Look at what he's done with a young group of WR's. His best WR (Steve Smith) was injured for most of the season too.

jazzkiller34

The West is the Best
Established Member
Elliotness said:
Why are people voting for Bush! I agree the guy is awesome but he isn't even a full time running back on his own team. You guys do know we are talking about Reggie Bush the football player don't you?????

you're joking, right? he's not a full time running back because A) Lendale White is the better pure running back and B) he is so versatile that they line him up a wide out and he returns kicks. he may not be someone deserving of the heisman, but to say that just because he doesn't line up in the backfield on every play somehow means he is the best player in the country is ridiculous.

Elliotness

Established Member
jazzkiller34 said:
you're joking, right? he's not a full time running back because A) Lendale White is the better pure running back and B) he is so versatile that they line him up a wide out and he returns kicks. he may not be someone deserving of the heisman, but to say that just because he doesn't line up in the backfield on every play somehow means he is the best player in the country is ridiculous.

As a matter of fact I was kidding. I love Reggie!!! :p

I just wanted to see someone make an arguement for him. I agree he is the most exciting player in football. Without him SC loses a couple of games. I just think him platooning with Lendale will keep him from winning the trophy.

Last edited:

Elliotness

Established Member
spree said:
Leinart. Look at what he's done with a young group of WR's. His best WR (Steve Smith) was injured for most of the season too.

Smith wasn't even going to start. Coming into this season the WR's were supposed to be:

1) Mike Williams ------Going to be in the top 5 of this years NFL Draft another screw job by the NCAA.

2) Witney Lewis ------Played very well last year was outstanding this year in football camp. Academically ineligible. Guy played football in Oxnard with my nephew. Nephew tells me the guy is now overweight and doesn't know if he is going back to SC. Say it isn't so.....

3) Steve Smith ------ Didn't play much at all last year. Played fairly well when the Trojans got robbed two years ago. Remember that game Carson Palmer against Iowa. Iowa is gonna smash on the weak Pac 10 team..... errrrrr WRONG!

4) Dwayne Jarret --- True Freshman, was so frustrated that he wasn't going to get much time this season that he considered going home to (Michigan?)

Leinart is a very good pick. He will probably win. He's played all season with USC's 3rd 4th and 5th string wideouts and still had an outstanding year. He should have won the Heisman last year.

Can you imagine what could have been with Williams and Lewis this season. It would have been awesome......

Last edited:

Elliotness

Established Member
Sinister04L said:
White should repeat. Benson got hosed by not even being invited. At least he won the Doak last night. Edwards won the Bilitnekoff, that's all I care about. Bush is an exciting player, but he doesn't get enough touches. Don't be surprised when 2 UM guys are in NYC soon.

They didn't win the big game. That is what killed him. This stat line explains it all.

OU vs. TX of course OU won the game 12 - 0

Benson; 23 rushes for 92 yards 0 TD's

Peterson; 32 rushes for 225 yards 0 TD's

We were all watching!

That performance killed his shot at the Heisman. If you reverse the score and the stats for that game, Benson wins the award and TX is preparing to get their a$$es whipped by USC.

TX is lucky to playing in the BCS at all. Don't think I'm a hater either. I like the longhorns, freakin live in TX. Expectations are always high but they rarely deliver.

Just my .02

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread