SVTPerformance Brings You Highlights From PRI 2012

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
In 2011, wiseco had the 5.8L coyote stroker kit at PRI, but that was the last I heard of it. I never saw it on any catalogs or articles or anything since then. I had begun to think it was just another piece of vaporware. So, when I had a chance to go his year, I wasted no time going straight to the wiseco booth.

I asked them about it, and they said they still had some work to do on the crankshaft design, which is why it took so long. They wanted it to be right.

There's a running race motor in the JPC car that's making upwards of 1300 HP with a 5.8 coyote motor.

The kit should go on sale to the public this spring, according to the nice lady at the booth.

Then she showed me the rotating assembly, which was sitting right behind me and I didn't even notice it. I have a picture of it (if it's not posted in any of those 400 photos which I didn't look through all of them). I'd post the picture if this site allowed me to upload pictures directly, instead of having to use a third party hosting site.

Anyway, for those of you that are as curious about this amazing upgrade for the new 5.0, it's coming. For real this time.

Homer

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
In 2011, wiseco had the 5.8L coyote stroker kit at PRI, but that was the last I heard of it. I never saw it on any catalogs or articles or anything since then. I had begun to think it was just another piece of vaporware. So, when I had a chance to go his year, I wasted no time going straight to the wiseco booth.

I asked them about it, and they said they still had some work to do on the crankshaft design, which is why it took so long. They wanted it to be right.

There's a running race motor in the JPC car that's making upwards of 1300 HP with a 5.8 coyote motor.

The kit should go on sale to the public this spring, according to the nice lady at the booth.

Then she showed me the rotating assembly, which was sitting right behind me and I didn't even notice it. I have a picture of it (if it's not posted in any of those 400 photos which I didn't look through all of them). I'd post the picture if this site allowed me to upload pictures directly, instead of having to use a third party hosting site.

Anyway, for those of you that are as curious about this amazing upgrade for the new 5.0, it's coming. For real this time.

Homer

in 2011, they said they were only a couple months away from release, that was a year ago.

so, we'll see

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
in 2011, they said they were only a couple months away from release, that was a year ago.

so, we'll see

Right. We'll see. I would love to see a writeup about it in one of the mustang mags. A build and dyno test would be an interesting read.

Here's one of the pics I took of the rotating assembly.

Photo%20Dec%2013%2C%201%2020%2037%20AM.jpg

Edit: stupid hosting sites! I tried uploading the picture in my Dropbox public folder and posting it here. I guess the picture won't display, but here's the link if you feel like taking one extra step to look at it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i92zzjkom98ar75/Photo Dec 13, 1 20 37 AM.jpg

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Right. We'll see. I would love to see a writeup about it in one of the mustang mags. A build and dyno test would be an interesting read.

Here's one of the pics I took of the rotating assembly.

Photo%20Dec%2013%2C%201%2020%2037%20AM.jpg

Edit: stupid hosting sites! I tried uploading the picture in my Dropbox public folder and posting it here. I guess the picture won't display, but here's the link if you feel like taking one extra step to look at it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i92zzjkom98ar75/Photo Dec 13, 1 20 37 AM.jpg

okay,

I lied, I had to check, as I thought it seemed like it was a while ago, and I was right.

WWW.S197FORUM.COM

I made a thread about their kit that was supposed to be a couple months away over 2 years ago, lol

IMG_3306.jpg

and as the stock coyote block can't hold up to 1300 hp for a length of time, your going to have to have a hell of a sleeve if your going to be boring and stroking the stock coyote block out.

and with the new 5.8 by ford, whats the point, if you want the cubes, there you go

Last edited:

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
For those with coyote based motors, this is an enticing mod. They can't just take the gt500 based motor and do a simple swap because the two motors have different architectures. It's not like a 4.6 to 5.4 swap, which is relatively straightforward.

It's an enticing mod for those with coyote motors looking to get a leg up on their gt500 foes without having to basically convert their car to a gt500.

Anyway, one of the other issues that has caused such a delay was the piston design with the wrist pin and ring lands. In order to get a 351 sized motor with the coyote block, they need as much bore as possible because theres no way in hell they can get the same stroke as the gt500 motor in that block because the deck is too short.

It has a 95mm bore, which is 3.740 inches, or .040 greater than the gt500 motor (which has a 3.700 inch bore) I'm not sure what the stroke is (it didn't say, but can be calculated using basic algebra, but I'm too lazy right now)...but it must be shorter than the gt500.

They've probably pushed the stroke as far as humanly possible for that block, which probably pushes the wrist pin far up into the ring lands. And that's the problem they are dealing with.

Users who are viewing this thread