SVTP - Thank you for teaching me how to write and effectively converse!

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
So after a 13 year hiatus from school, I finally enrolled last semester and pretty much dominated all life on Earth...ok, well maybe just the life in class, but still. I was worried about how I would do in English because my last class before that was in 9th grade for maybe half semester.

In retrospect, I realized I the bulk of my writing was trial & error on SVTP via 10,000 or so posts, rants and random diatribes. Combine that with reading the writings of the scattered intelligent posters on here and having fantastic "what NOT to do" examples from the plethora of double-digit IQ posters and I realized SVTP partially helped make up for my lost education. Weird.

Sid, I'll send you a P.O. box to mail my Associate in SVTP General Studies to. kthxbai :beer:

txyaloo

Established Member
:lol: Where the hell have you been?

Maybe Travis will take pity on you and reset your post count and join date.

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
:lol: Where the hell have you been?

Maybe Travis will take pity on you and reset your post count and join date.

:D I never felt the wrath of the admin, this name was a new and improved EO!

Is this place dying down a bit or is traffic still the same??

txyaloo

Established Member
:D I never felt the wrath of the admin, this name was a new and improved EO!

Is this place dying down a bit or is traffic still the same??

:bs::lol:

The demographic has become much younger since the price of Cobras and Lightnings has dropped so much. And we seem to have more trolls these days.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I do think this site has helped me, at least in part, to keep up my persuasive writing/debate skills. Which is good, because I'm going to need every ounce of that skill to sell this new process I'm working on to some pretty high up managers.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
I do think this site has helped me, at least in part, to keep up my persuasive writing/debate skills. Which is good, because I'm going to need every ounce of that skill to sell this new process I'm working on to some pretty high up managers.

Remember the presentation rules for upper management:

1. Each slide should have no more than three bullet items.
2. Keep words to 3 syllables or less.
3. A good graphic is better than good words.
4. Never disagree with company policy or the company management.

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
:bs::lol:

The demographic has become much younger since the price of Cobras and Lightnings has dropped so much. And we seem to have more trolls these days.

I hope you're quickly educating them on how connected these internet tubes really are and why general douchism is typically frowned upon. ;-)

Remember the presentation rules for upper management:

1. Each slide should have no more than three bullet items.
2. Keep words to 3 syllables or less.
3. A good graphic is better than good words.
4. Never disagree with company policy or the company management.

Awesome advice, but I disagree with #4. Management (in companies that aren't worthless garbage ::cough:: GM ::cough::) doesn't want robotic yes men. In my experience, you can disagree; so long as you can meticulously state why you disagree and offer a suitable alternative. :beer:

Wait a minute ... we can get credits for this stuff?

Welcome back, EO.

Jim Snover

Yeah. I'm adding it to my resume ASAP!

Blast from the past

Yes sir. Saw you're now unbanned and still raising hell. :lol:

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
So after a 13 year hiatus from school, I finally enrolled last semester and pretty much dominated all life on Earth...ok, well maybe just the life in class, but still. I was worried about how I would do in English because my last class before that was in 9th grade for maybe half semester.

In retrospect, I realized I the bulk of my writing was trial & error on SVTP via 10,000 or so posts, rants and random diatribes. Combine that with reading the writings of the scattered intelligent posters on here and having fantastic "what NOT to do" examples from the plethora of double-digit IQ posters and I realized SVTP partially helped make up for my lost education. Weird.

Sid, I'll send you a P.O. box to mail my Associate in SVTP General Studies to. kthxbai :beer:

Badddd grammarzzz yo.

Users who are viewing this thread