SVTP stock pick thread.

Fat Boss

Established Member
I added to my ARRY on Monday. The five day chart is looking up lol. Management thought they were in good enough position to acquire another company in Jan. At some point the solar stocks have to take off, right?

Solar stocks are starting to take off... The 5 day chart is lookin' good. I have positions ranging from $36 (yikes) to $10 (m'kay) buy prices.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Solar stocks are starting to take off... The 5 day chart is lookin' good. I have positions ranging from $36 (yikes) to $10 (m'kay) buy prices.

Unless you’re sono group

I bought that ipo and make money same day on the jump

Down from $20 at IPO to 2 lol

q6543

Established Member
Tom lee calling for 4800 level S&P by EOY.

Man if we rally back to flat after this washout and de leverage that sure would be amazing!

3 bear markets in 5 years...whew. that is a Uber bullish setup!

Last edited:

q6543

Established Member
My favorite data Quant posted that in all prior case study for the S&P after this week's breadth thrust, the bottom was in.

100% of cases posed 95% or better returns 5 years out..... here's to SPY 820s in 2027!!

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Risky preferred that is a qualified dividend: QRTEP

Current yield is 15.12%

First call date is 9/18/2025 at a price of $104.00

Redemption date is 3/15/2031

Par (Liquidation Value) $100.00

The risky part is supply chain and port disruptions and they had a warehouse fire. The fire is insured for contents and business interruption.

Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ:QRTEA) is one of the companies that are part of legendary investor John Malone’s media empire. Malone is a billionaire, philanthropist and the largest landowner in the US (according to Wikipedia). QRTEA sports such brands as QVC, HSN (Home Shopping Network), Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Zulily, Garnet Hill and Grandin Road.

I would think that Malone is buying the preferred at these prices, it would be stupid not to.

I have some and may add a little more.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
My favorite data Quant posted that in all prior case study for the S&P after this week's breadth thrust, the bottom was in.

100% of cases posed 95% or better returns 5 years out..... here's to SPY 820s in 2027!!
your TQQQ killed it the last few days!

couple guys i listen to seemed to think 340-350, but they are merely guessing. I’m sure they may have changed their tune now that even the weekly chart on SPY is giving the buy signal. She is overbought all the way up until the daily though.

I hope your guy is right

MG0h3

Established Member
Tom lee calling for 4800 level S&P by EOY.

Man if we rally back to flat after this washout and de leverage that sure would be amazing!

3 bear markets in 5 years...whew. that is a Uber bullish setup!

Is that the asian dude that was on yesterday?

It’s funny, there’s just as many people calling for 3600 or below by EOY as 4800. We’ll actually more I guess. That dude was the first I’ve seen someone call for 4800 by EOY.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

q6543

Established Member
Yeah he runs fundstrat, typical permabull but he's been better than most for years.

The other person I follow is CIOVACCO CAPITAL.

I learned in the covid crash, it seemed everyone screams with lower price targets all the way to the bottom.

A few weeks back when the 10yr RIPPED people were tripping over themselves to outhawk or outbear each other. That was the bottom.
Until proven otherwise.

My new mantra is they had to lock earth down to get a 35% drawdown.

So unless everything comes to a halt on earth, I think we're good.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

Yield-curve inversion hits widest level in 22 years​

Aug. 04, 2022 9:20 AM ETiShares Core U.S. Aggregate Bond ETF (AGG), BND, TLT, IEIIEFBy: Jason Capul, SA News Editor11 Comments

Inverted Yield Curve with aerial view of New York City

Melpomenem

The yield curve between the 2-year and 10-year Treasury notes has inverted to its widest point in 22 years, dating back to September of 2000.
On Thursday morning, the spread between the 2- and 10-year yields hovers around -38 basis points. During the day's early action, the U.S. 10-year Treasury yield (US10Y) slipped seven basis points to 2.67%, while the U.S. 2-year Treasury yield (US2Y) retreated five basis points to 3.05%.
Bigger picture, in 2022, the 10-Year has risen by 114 basis points and the 2-Year has increased by 229 basis points. These moves equate to a spread contraction of 115 basis points between the two instruments over the course of the year so far.
Historically, extended inversion periods tend to foreshadow future market downturns. Since 2000, there are two prime examples: In 2006-2007, the yield curve inverted for an elongated period of time and acted as a precursor to the Great Recession of 2008-2009. Previously, similar conditions occurred in 2000, presaging the 2001-2003 market meltdown.
Jeffrey Gundlach, CEO of DoubleLine Capital LP stated: “The 2-year 10-year yield curve inversion is gaining steam. At 36 basis points right now. Rough road ahead.”

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
i actually feel for Cathie Woods on that COIN deal ...holy balls

q6543

Established Member
Screenshot_20220808-131445_TradingView.jpg
Just a reminder of what happens after these YUUGE inflationary spikes.

Last edited:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Anyone think now is a decent time to buy cruise stocks?
Gas price dropping, COVID becoming like the "flu".
Royal Caribbean was at 80 before the gas price surge. Went to 30 and is now at 42 for example

Of course the fears of recession and people actually stopping spending money on travel/vacation is a worry.

Users who are viewing this thread