SVTP stock pick thread.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Ameritrade restricted trading in GameStop, AMC amid volume spike
Jan. 27, 2021 11:56 AM ETThe Charles Schwab Corporation (SCHW)By: Kim Khan, SA News Editor72 Comments
  • Charles Schwab's (SCHW -2.8%) Ameritrade put restrictions on trades in squeeze stocks GameStop (GME, +137%) and AMC (AMC +175%).
  • "In the interest of mitigating risk for our company and clients, we have put in place several restrictions on some transactions in $GME, $AMC and other securities," it wrote. "We made these decisions out of an abundance of caution amid unprecedented market conditions and other factors."
  • CNBC reported that the restrictions had to do with margin.
  • TD Ameritrade tweeted earlier than "unprecedented volumes today may be causing limited access to the TD Ameritrade Mobile app."
  • It now says access "has been resolved."
  • Ameritrade was one of several platforms, in including Robinhood (RBNHD) and Morgan Stanley's (MS, -2.4%) E*Trade, that experienced outages as retail soared amid a frenzy for shares of heavily-shorted stocks.
  • The phenomenon started with GameStop, which has been soaring on a combination of a short squeeze and then a gamma squeeze.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Ok. So what are the next ones these guys are targeting, lol. I've been busy at work this week and haven't had a chance to really look at this and get in at a good time. Congrats to you guys though!

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
GameStop trading should be stopped for 30 days, state regulator says
Jan. 27, 2021 12:56 PM ETGameStop Corp. (GME)By: Josh Fineman, SA News Editor51 Comments

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Ok. So what are the next ones these guys are targeting, lol. I've been busy at work this week and haven't had a chance to really look at this and get in at a good time. Congrats to you guys though!

GME is still their baby

NOK (currently on a news halt, which is BS because they can halt it for as long as they want)

BB

AMC

So which of you guys can give me a crash course on this shit?

Buy low, sell high.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Wel I got that part damnit lol

how does one “ anticipate “ or notice a trend

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Wel I got that part damnit lol

how does one “ anticipate “ or notice a trend

You subscribe to sites like seekingalpha, motley fool and you scan their newsfeed everyday and then tie current events into the feed and hold a wet finger up to figure out how local/state and federal regulatory tea leaves are blowing with previous. Simple, right?

Some, like biotech, don't even think about. There is a reason they usually lead the days biggest winner AND loser lists.

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
Well like my main thought is like New Mexico.. our governor released she wants the most strict environmental limits in the oil and gas industry in the country

this could mean money for some oil companies if they find ways to do this cleaner

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Well like my main thought is like New Mexico.. our governor released she wants the most strict environmental limits in the oil and gas industry in the country

this could mean money for some oil companies if they find ways to do this cleaner
If you believe that, then whoever you think is going to come out ahead on dino fuel, wait for an entry point and buy.

Also, NOK resumed.

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
And I guess since it’s my first stock...

my $1000 isn’t even cleared. I still “ own “ it.. but I can’t withdraw Jack shit.. so I guess I’m stuck in AMC for a while lol

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
My heart cant take this shit and I should probably put in some actual work today.

I put in an order at 4.20 for my NOK calls because it's a meme stock lol.

Have fun today.

venmos1

Established Member
And I guess since it’s my first stock...

my $1000 isn’t even cleared. I still “ own “ it.. but I can’t withdraw Jack shit.. so I guess I’m stuck in AMC for a while lol
Im using kraken and webul. on kraken i need to go to the bank and wire funds. webull connects via ach with bank account. so i transfered money with plans to buy some more eth and amc and bft. turns out i have to wait until funds clear (3 to 5 days) before trading crypto. my luck eth will be over 1300 or 1400 by then. better late than never. so in the meantime, i bought 6 shares amc and 6 shares of bft. just a small spender here. putting most of my investing into ethereum right now.

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
I’m on robinhood. It let me buy the 62 shares but if it goes way up, it won’t let me withdraw til this thing clears

even though the app said its immediate

Users who are viewing this thread