SVTP needs a chatroom thing

DrYeRLiNt

Horse From Hell
Established Member
When things are kinda slow at work, or late at night... just somethin to sit on here and shoot the bull with people. It really would help as far as preventing stupid topics in roadside and such.

Any chance of it?

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
start a thread called PIIHB and its guaranteed to get peoples attention

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Mustang forums has it, and it's actually not that bad an idea for the late night crowd.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
I would say just only let people use it after 10pm. Most people on at that time are just bored, so creating a new thread for everything we want to talk about sucks.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
I would say just only let people use it after 10pm. Most people on at that time are just bored, so creating a new thread for everything we want to talk about sucks.

A fair amount of the guys on after midnight know each other on a first name basis, lol.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Like you and I.

We had a thing going on AIM, but it phased out.

I always thought it'd be a great way to keep our useless BS out of the forums, but I do agree with Travis that it would negate the purpose of a forum. But when it comes down to it, it's his site, and what he says goes.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Like you and I.

:beer:

We had a thing going on AIM, but it phased out.

Haha, I thought about that the other day. We had about 6 people in there. That was about the time the binary phase went on, if I recall correctly. We should start it up again.

I always thought it'd be a great way to keep our useless BS out of the forums, but I do agree with Travis that it would negate the purpose of a forum. But when it comes down to it, it's his site, and what he says goes.

Agreed on all points.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
:beer:

Haha, I thought about that the other day. We had about 6 people in there. That was about the time the binary phase went on, if I recall correctly. We should start it up again.

Agreed on all points.

No no no. That was before the AIM thing.

The binary shit was hilarious though.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
No no no. That was before the AIM thing.

The binary shit was hilarious though.

0101100101100101011100110010000001101001011101000010000001110111011000010111001100100001

sooooooooo, then its like any other chatroom that has ever existed since the dawn of the intrawebs?

Haha, I'm not saying others are. My point was that Travis wouldn't, for good reason, see much of a point in it. I think it goes with putting post whoring threads in SD kind of thing. Useless stuff gets shuffled to the left. Also, consider the work required by mods/admins to keep up with not only all the threads but live chat!

I still think it'd be cool though.

Users who are viewing this thread