SVTP have any interest for parts made from genuine carbon fiber??

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
So I'm looking to pick up everything that I need and start making my own carbon fiber panels. Keep in mind.. I am not talking about wrapping plastic and metal parts in a carbon fiber vinyl..I mean 100% carbon fiber parts.

I'm going to start with making my own panels for my current build [custom instrument cluster, race panel, and air bag delete, and a few other things] but I would like to move on to some other parts on my car as well...I think first I am going to tackle the inside door handle panel inserts

So would there be any real interest in getting things made out of real carbon fiber? I've been interested in this recently and decided that I will definitely be doing some stuff for myself at the very least. Any ideas or cool things you would like to see done?

Do share! :rockon:

BTW I have found different colored fabrics and patterns that could be used with as well..

carbon%20fiber%20kevlar%20hybrid%20dual%20twill%20red.jpg

2fibre-glast-sample-pack.jpg

Any person experience or tips are more than welcomed!

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
I, for one, am extremely interested. I love the stuff. Make some cf interior pieces for sure. I don't know how much you'd be willing to do, but I have a feeling that there would be a HUGE market for 03/04 Cobra and Mach 1 front lips in cf, I'd buy one for sure. That and cf mirror covers. The possibilities are endless.

-Eric

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
i'd say if you can do a quality job that you'll have lots of customers from this site. i mean, who doesn't like carbon fiber ...it's awesome.

Monster Mach

Established Member
I'm in.. I am starting to wrap my stuff.. but cf pieces is even better lol

This is here just to piss you off :)

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
^^ my thoughts exactly! I think I would really be able to impress a lot of people at car meets and shows if they knew that it wasn't a wrap..but the real deal!

I, for one, am extremely interested. I love the stuff. Make some cf interior pieces for sure. I don't know how much you'd be willing to do, but I have a feeling that there would be a HUGE market for 03/04 Cobra and Mach 1 front lips in cf, I'd buy one for sure. That and cf mirror covers. The possibilities are endless.

-Eric

I won't be touching anything that big just quite yet..I want to start small and get comfortable and familiar with it, but hopefully eventually!

I actually was thinking about doing the mirror covers as well...I could do it for mine..but for 03-04 Cobra mirrors I would need to get my hands on one to make a mold.

I'm in for CF instrument cluster

The particular instrument cluster I am making for mine is from scratch with autometer gauges [I no longer have the stock instrument cluster at all]...so if that is what you were looking for then I would be able to build another one.

However if you are referring to just having a CF bezel..I can find you a link where they already make them for a decent price.

i'd say if you can do a quality job that you'll have lots of customers from this site. i mean, who doesn't like carbon fiber ...it's awesome.

I know I'll probably have some trial and error at first...but I plan on taking my time with it and doing it correctly. I'll be sure to post results and share with how mine come out!

How much it will cost to make the parts?

That I am not sure yet..it really depends on how much carbon fiber I have to use and how much materials I have to use for the mold. Carbon fiber..even as a fabric..isn't cheap. However I am certain I can do it for a pretty fair and affordable price compared to what some companies would charge.

Right now I'm just really trying to get some ideas on what I could make and how many people would be interested.

Last edited:

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
I'm thinking a Mach 1 style grill delete would be simple + possibly cheap to make.

Sent from my jebus phone

oldmodman

Established Member
As heavy as our cars are, it would be great to lighten them up.
I just don't know how many people would be willing to actually pay to do it.

CF hood that uses ALL factory hinges and latches.
CF fenders that mount EXACTLY as a factory part would.
Now it gets really expensive. CF extended width front and rear fenders or lips. These would be VERY NARROW focus parts. Only die hard road racers would be interested. And then you have to decide what cars to focus on. Four eyes?, new edge, 197s, 2011 and beyond? Gonna get really expensive. CF roof. Now I'm just being ridiculous.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
the grille delete is something that I think I could definitely be able to do...and I think I could do it for the same price.

As heavy as our cars are, it would be great to lighten them up.
I just don't know how many people would be willing to actually pay to do it.

CF hood that uses ALL factory hinges and latches.
CF fenders that mount EXACTLY as a factory part would.
Now it gets really expensive. CF extended width front and rear fenders or lips. These would be VERY NARROW focus parts. Only die hard road racers would be interested. And then you have to decide what cars to focus on. Four eyes?, new edge, 197s, 2011 and beyond? Gonna get really expensive. CF roof. Now I'm just being ridiculous.

I wish! I'm only one person..even if I had the talent to do that..the amount of time and $$$ in raw CF materials I would have to have to build those parts would make it not worth it to me or the buyer. Not to mention I would have to have a donor car to design the parts.

I might be able to go as far as pin on hoods, trunk lids, spoilers, and front lips though!

Then I would be as BOSS as this guy...

Sub 2500 lbs. 96 Mustang Cobra Project... - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
wow. i knew cf was light, but that guy is saving huge amounts of weight on two relatively small pieces. that is awesome. that roof alone should improve handling quite a bit, i would think.

Last edited:

BIGWHUP03

Established Member
Chris, number one project for you that i'm gonna need is an upper radiator support cover. Followed by rear deck lid, rear dash and custom center console (i'm going to need this stuff in about 6 weeks). Thanks man!!! Haha good luck I hope this stuff goes easily for you.

Last edited:

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Chris, number one project for you that i'm gonna need is an upper radiator support cover. Followed by rear deck lid, rear dash and custom center console (i'm going to need this stuff in about 6 weeks). Thanks man!!! Haha good luck I hope this stuff goes easily for you.

Haha..thanks man! I hope to get some change so that I can pick up all the materials and start soon.

Once I do...I'll be more than happy to get those things knocked out for ya!! :p

JpL4K3

Established Member
I saw someone make a carbon fiber head liner for a 99 - 04 mustang, while I doubt it saved any noticeable amount of weight, it sure did look badass, and I would love one in my car.

Users who are viewing this thread