SVTP full of rich people?

jessie jaramill

Established Member
Svt people all rich ...ah no not true 25k a year security guard...I own a 14 gt base yes im poor amd a 03 cobra and a 98 f150. .
So yeah not everybody rich.. im glad for the people that can afford them expensive toys

texaswrx

Established Member
Like a few posters have already stated, living within your means, spending wisely, etc. The best thing I did for my future was joining the service years ago (1988). While it did put me a few years "behind" those that stayed and went straight to school, it payed off in the long run. College was paid for using GI Bill/College Fund and the Texas Hazelwood Act. I also used my VA Home loan to purchase my house in 1999. It was a new home, but nothing insane, in a nice area. I admit to being scared shit less at this huge purchase. I watched every penny, and just this year will pay it off. For me, those years after the service working multiple jobs to get by while going to school left a mark.

CM5878

Established Member
It's pretty simple, live below your means and you'll be ahead of the game. Times have changed, I remember 5-10 years ago when house prices were up, so homeowners would pull out equity to buy the latest and greatest Escalade.

Sick03Vert

Banned
All the posers in my area drive Tahoes/Escalades. Real money don't drive attention wagons like that around here.

Hey hey now...wait a minute! Why you gotta hate on my '99 Tahoe man? Leather interior, it's all that! LS model too son...Anaheim conversion and all that! :D

I think there's a lot of people on here claiming they make way more than they do. That's just human nature. Me? I'm not a rich member, that's for sure. If there was a registration fee of $5, I'd still be lurking. :D

nonliberal

Established Member
Silly Dave....

lol There is a guy named Dave that does the same thing now that you mention it. That shit works. :beer:

I was doing it before I heard of him, but he is a good motivator. I recommend him to friends that are having financial problems pretty often.

jimmy77

Established Member
Step 1.....Get out of the military ASAP. You aren't gonna make any money there. Step 2. Go to where big paying jobs (NORTH DAKOTA) are that don't require a whole lot of education. Step 3....Work hard save you're money and find a few good stocks to let you're money work too....like Boeing stock. (BA) Good luck and THANKS MUCH for watching my backside while I live the dream.

Huddleston

The Sawed Off Scott Gun
Established Member
I've been around long enough to know that generally the people I've met on forums are frugal or extremely leveraged. Its funny that there isn't really a middle ground.

Para81

Established Member
No. Would not marry.

But if he (and his cute, fast wife) are looking to adopt I will make myself available.

Here is how to become moderately well off.

Work real hard. If you work for a company that allows overtime take every second you can get. I worked between 55 and 65 hours a week for twenty years and saved every penny. Plus I put 15% into the company saving plan which they matched up to the first 8%.

Never rent anything or buy anything on time. Buy the cheapest house you can find and live there while working your ass off and fix it up yourself.
Pay off your credit card every month IN FULL. If you have to drive an old, shitty car while you are saving money, so be it.

After I had saved enough money I started my own Broadcast Service Company. I bought used gear, serviced it myself and rented it out and did video capture services, duping, editing. Anything that would bill hours every month. I remember lots of days that started at 5am and ended after midnight, seven days a week for months. I also remember earning 600K that year too.

Another huge expense to avoid is a wife. I only know one friend that is worth more now than before he got hitched. And it's because she is an attorney and a partner in a law firm. And they never had children and are still together. Everyone else lost half their lifetime wealth in the divorce.

Then there are the downsides of beating yourself to a pulp working all your life just to get comfortable. Your health. In my case heart attacks and a stroke.

But at least I know I will outlive my wealth no matter how long I hang on.

Pre-Nup. And never marry in California.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Obama has made me rich due to his Federal Reserve and stuff beyond my control.

I was born at the right time. :shrug:

I forgot to mention that I got a post college degree.

Last edited:

saleensc281

Established Member
Step 1.....Get out of the military ASAP. You aren't gonna make any money there. Step 2. Go to where big paying jobs (NORTH DAKOTA) are that don't require a whole lot of education. Step 3....Work hard save you're money and find a few good stocks to let you're money work too....like Boeing stock. (BA) Good luck and THANKS MUCH for watching my backside while I live the dream.

Not true. Military makes a decent amount of money, providing you keep your nose clean and stay in long enough to retire. I will be 39 when I retire at 20 years with full benefits, a degree, and a paycheck for the rest of my life. Young enough to find another career to persue, which will more than likely be law enforcement. Typically if you stay in the military that long you will develop a lot of connections, connections that can get you a job when you do decide to retire.

Case in point, was selected by the Department of the Army (DA) to be an Assistant Inspector General (IG). These jobs are in high demand in DC as a civilian. If I chose to upon retirement I could move to DC and do what I am doing now making close to 70-80k starting out depending on what IG function I will work in. If I am lucky, I may even be able to get an IG postion at Campbell when I retire here in a few years. So staying in does has its benefits.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Capitalism works, people see others with nice things and it makes them work harder so that they too can have nice things. It's the way our system works. In the socailist system everyone has the same thing, a bicycle.

Digital

Established Member
Capitalism works, people see others with nice things and it makes them work harder so that they too can have nice things. It's the way our system works. In the socailist system everyone has the same thing, a bicycle.

or obamanism. I work hard to give my shit to the guy who wants it but does nothing for it.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
It doesn't take that, unless you have ridiculous financial obligations in other areas. He's either a liar, or he loves what he does

It's the oil/gas industry. All of us work 120 hours a week.

But we also only work 50-60% of the year :)

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
It can be depending on the company, where you live. North Dakota/Alaska it's simple to make 100k a year.

Colorado, Texas, Pennsylvania not so much.

hell the hourly pay for positions in my company is about an $11 an hour pay cut from North Dakota to Pennsylvania, for the same exact job.

WHITESVTCOBRA

Established Member
Ya not rich either, I just lurk for the cobra enthusiasm. Had a cobra paid for in high school by my parents, sold it after I graduated and had a kid. But after highschool I went into law enforcement and bought my own home, car, and support my wife who's been in school since we met. I clear about 45 a year if you include all of the off-duty work I do. Off-duty works constantly is working every saturday off that I have for 8 hours, and then picking up any extra duty that I can.

When I first started off it was very tough and had to literally scrape pennies together to pay bills, but I wanted to own my home and not throw money away to rent. Now that I make more money we still live the same way, but we do enjoy life and spend a little more than we should at times. I find that hard work and determination will allow you to live a comfortable life without too many sacrafices.

Users who are viewing this thread