SVTOA invades California

SLIDEMASTER

Established Member
Thought Id open a thread...as I didnt see one here...

SVTOA has rented Buttonwillow for the 10-29 thru 1-31 for open track......it looks to be a good event....

Sunday a pro- grand am team will run with the instructor group...and I understand that the NASA competion chairperson may be running.....so there should be lots of hot cars and Cobras....I know there are a group of SVT Focus coming from the Focus challenge.com group...

I know of several vendors hanging out...Vortec and Max motorsports I believe....I called JBA and hope that they will show in mass....(fun guys)..fast cars

I'll be there instructing so feel free to contact me if you have questions....

Allan

SLIDEMASTER

Established Member
Thats Great!!!!

i'll be over with 2 04 cobras and my 'ol 5.0 track car......I talked to Bruce Tucker at JBA and he is going to see if he can get a few of his guys to show...there real fun

Mark and Brian from SVT will be out and Dean Martin and Steve will be there in Grand Am cars on Sunday after thier race at California Speedway....I also understand that the Competition director from NASA will be joining us

Im real glad you coming say hi....I'll be around the "Barber Ford" 26' trailer...love to meet you!!

Allan

Nazgul

Black Rider
Established Member
:beer: Hi, guys. Sorry to have been gone for so long, but my stepdad has been really ill since around June, and passed away last week. I've really been down/stressed/you name it.

Anyway, I'm here now and want to say I've been working on the SVTOA Buttonwillow event along with a lot of other people who are making it a great event. We have lots of vendors lined up, and are planning a bonfire/barbecue for Sat. eve, along with an auction and raffle of vendor-donated parts or services.

Fri. will be test'n'tune only, with no instruction available. Sat. we will also have a hp contest on the dyno there at the track--I believe whoever is closest to guessing their hp wins.

Go to www.norcal-svtoa.org to download a flyer and reg form, or e-mail [email protected], or call 866-377-8862.

I will be leading a caravan to Buttonwillow from the SF East Bay Area, if anyone is interested, leaving around Noon on that Friday. Anyone interested, PM me.

:burnout: Paul

Last edited:

SLIDEMASTER

Established Member
Ehy glad you coming from there, Ive heard that at least 5 mustangs are coming from Tusaun Az.

There will be abit of help for new guys on Friday...I got a call this morning requesting I make myself available....I will be dialing my car and the points leading NASA american iron extreame mustang will be there...

allan

newcastle

Originally posted by Nazgul
I will be leading a caravan to Buttonwillow from the SF East Bay Area, if anyone is interested, leaving around Noon on that Friday. Anyone interested, PM me.

:burnout: Paul

PM sent

Mystifi

Established Member
What an awesome experience! This was my first time out at Buttonwillow or any road course for that matter. I learned so much just in one day. I got Allen ( SLIDEMASTER ) as my instructor for the novices ( which I definetely am ), he was unbelievable!!! I let him take my Cobra on the track. Man I don't even come close to using what this car is capable of. One thing is for sure. I'LL BE BACK!!!!:rockon:

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
that was such an awesome experience. randy, mystifi let slidemaster drive his cobra with me riding in the passenger seat screaming for ly life all the way around. im getting a stang tomorrow so i can go out there and have fun too. it kicked ass :rockon: :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread