SVTOA Great Lakes Region open track schedule

93SVTCobra

Established Member
I have just finalized the Great Lakes Region track schedule for 2005 and would like to share it with you guys.

May 21-22 - SVTOA On-Track at the Autobahn Country Club. Joliet, IL - Official National On-Track Event. This event will contain a car show in addition to the open track event. We are also going to hold the National Cobra R meet at this event and expect us to break the record of 17 Cobra R's that we had at this years Gingerman Event. Don't make me a lier!!! :rockon:

July 23-24 - SVT Days at Gingerman, South Haven, MI- Regional track event sponsored by the Southeast Michigan SVTOA Chapter. We sold this event out last year and based on the overwhelmingly positive feedback we should be doing it again next year.

August 19th - Woodward Dream Cruise open track day - This is an event geared towards those with little to no track experience. There are sound restrictions in place at this track that make any car with an open exhaust illegal. This will be part of the Woodward Dream Cruise weekend.

August 27-28 - Putman Park, Mount Meridian, IN - We have FINALLY got a Putman Date!!!! This will be replacing the early Oct IRP date. Putman is a MUCH better track and is a great addition to our Region On-Track Schedule.

I'm excited with this schedule and hope that you guys are as well. It's a nicely spaced schedule at some GREAT tracks. If next years events go as well as the events did in 2004 expect to see us grow even bigger for 2006!

We will be running a promotion called the "Track Dawg Challenge" in 2005. Anyone who attends three of the 4 Regional Track events in 2005 will get an official Great Lakes Region " Track Dawg" shirt along with a decal for your vehicle AND will be entered into a drawing to get your track fee's refunded for the 2005 Great Lakes Region SVTOA Open track events that you attend. Eligible participants MUST be National SVTOA members and MUST attend and pay for at least 3 of the 4 events. The winner will be determined at Putman Park and must be present to win. We've been looking at a fun way to reward our dedicated Track Dawgs and I think that this is a good start.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Looks good, Mark.

If you can get me some links to registration ect, I will make a sticky "National Cobra R meet" post with all the info.

Brian

93SVTCobra

Established Member
National SVTOA will be handling the Autobahn Registration and I'll have online registration for all the other events.

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Hmmm, looks like I'll be heading west at least 3 times, and putnam is tempting also, with a friend just 44 miles to the south of the track, may make it a dual purpose trip, and may coax him to bring his classic mini cooper s to the event....I still have to fit a few others into the schedule, in WGI, LRP, SP and BR with club cranky in attendance....oh yeah, it also looks like I gotta fit VIR in there somewhere, too....so many events, so little time off! :cryying:

93SVTCobra

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Woot!!!!!! :beer:

Mark:

Will Auto-Bahn allow overnight camping? What about Putnam?

Thanks

I'll ask Autobahn but I know that Putman definitely doesn't.

Andy M

Established Member
If I can swing it, you can count me in for the Cobra R reunion event in Joliet. I will do everything in my power to be there. Oh yeah, even though Joe is out on a consulting gig in Brazil, I will speak for him... if I go, he's a comin with me!!! :D

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
We Missed You In '04

Andy,

Glad to see you back on track (play on words?). I'll be at the Autobahn, Cobra-R reunion, also. We'll have some more fun.

SVT_KY

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
mark, where the heck did i see that national schedule posted? i cant find it anymore.

Me neither .... I've been looking all day!!!

Wish SVTOA would post the entire schedule ... so we could plan !!!

Users who are viewing this thread