SVTOA event at Texas World Speedway

JoeJ

Established Member
Guys,

Just getting ready to head for TWS. It should be a great event. Dean Martin will be down with his two Grand AM cup car and Wayne Manor should have his World Challenge Car there. There should be some new Shelby GT500's and some Z06's there. I am taking the 2000 Cobra R and my new Shelby Mustang GT. Looking forward to seeing how it reacts on the track as i am keeping it stock.
I should have some interesting pictures when I get back from the weekend. Hopefully something new in my stable..hmmm

95R#177

Established Member
Have fun Joe! Isn't the Shelby GT new in your stable? I suppose you're referring to getting something 'newer' for your stable? Are you going to Hallet for the Shelby meet during Father's Day weekend? Tom and I are going to be there.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
I had planned on going but with all this rain & severe weather we are having here today/tomorrow, I will be staying home. I'm not much into tracking a car in the rain.

Stay safe.... look forward to the pictures of the event.

Stanger58

Established Member
What rain??

By the time we got on track, there were just a few damp spots. By 11 AM, we were putting on sunscreen!

Each run group got FIVE on-track sessions...

83 and sunny for Sunday...

:shrug:

Your loss...

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Its good that the weather cleared for ya'll... My area got over 7 inches of rain within 48 hours time and we were darting tornados all around us.

The weather did finally clearup and Sat afternoon was a pleasant.... but there was no way I was getting out in the nasty weather we had here on Friday into Saturday morning.

JoeJ

Established Member
Well, I received Dean Martin' #52 Grand AM cup car this weekend. He was kind enough to bring it down to Texas World Speedway along with two of Jim Click's cup racers to do some tune and testing before their next race at Homestead. Oh my, what a nice car. I got a chance to run it during several sessions and in the demo race on Sunday. It drives very much like my Cobar R except it is a bunch lighter and of course it is a real race car with all the safety and racing equipment required to run in the Grand AM Koni Challenge. I got a bunch of ribbing about having three cars there..I had my 2007 Shelby Mustang GT, the 2000 Cobra R, and cup car. I will probably cut back on running the Cobra R so much now and concentrate on learning how to drive the cup car. I will attempt to show a couple of pictures of the car. I should have some on track pictures later.

Stanger58

Established Member
Joe... We only kid and rib ya because we love ya, man!! You have a great collection of wonderful toys... you're are a great guy, a great friend, work hard as an instructor for me and can always be counted on to have that big ol' Texas smile on your face. I don't know of ANYONE more deserving than you buddy!! :pepper:

Congrats on the white #52 Cup car and thanks for all of your efforts as an instructor for SVTOA and our On Track program! :beer:

Admiral

Established Member
Beautiful cars Joe! Nice weather and great event as always guys! Wish I could have stayed around for Sunday but the two hard sessions I put on my daily driver (06 Mustang GT) took a toll lol.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Where's the pictures of the Shelby GT?!?!?!?

I spoke to Dean just last week and he was telling me how some guy from TX bought the 52 and I never imagined it was you! Pretty cool! Glad to see that car will continued to be enjoyed!

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
Nice car Joe.... I got to drive it at Gingerman last summer when it was still red! So HOW are you going to drive 3 cars on the track at one time??? I remember having 2 and it was a PITA to keep them both track ready. Then again, Ted seemed to always be driving one of them. Hmmmm.... there's an idea, give one to Ted. He NEEDS a backup!
:beer:

JoeJ

Established Member
Tom, Thanks buddy..:bash: :lol: I guess you know payback is hell..:beer: Actually, you should have seen me climbing thru the window of that full race Z06 Corvette who was a student of mine. Thanks Andy...:lol: Now that was funny.

Mark, I took the Shelby out on the first session on Saturday while the track was wet. It handles really good. Just needs larger wheels and tires for open track. I love that Shelby. I will just keep it as my daily driver.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
100_1859.jpg

LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread