SVTF w/all bolt ons

SVTFanatic

Established Member
Just wondering what times an SVTF with all the normal bolton's should be running 1/4 times and trap? By all the bolt-on's I mean Intake, ported tb, sctflash, udp, orp, and alu. flywheel. (I know I missed catback, but I have heard there is no gain with one anyhow, and I dont like my car being that loud.) The rest of the mods I plan to have done by this fall. I already have a few, but just wondering if anyone has similar mods with numbers to back them up. I'd like to be able to play with Turbo DSM's stock of course.

Thanks,
- mike

HTPerformance

save up for FI or the stroker kit. You will spend an equivalent amount of money getting any small amount of power.

2L to 2.3L stroker kit will go 170hp to 195.5hp and 145tq to 167tq with nothing else done ~ $3.5k

at the lower end of FI is Jackson Racing SC for ~$2k 170hp to 210hp and 145tq to 154tq.

To get 30-40 hp with boltons you will spend....
>$100 for ORP
>$100 for throttle body
>$100 for Intake
>$300 for exhaust
>$300 for tuning
>$75 for UDP
>$100 for ignition (plugs/coil/wires)
=thats already more than $1200ish and you have probably only recovered 15-20hp. 5-10 tq.

So then if you spend like twice that you can double the benefits with JRSC or do the boltons and then the JRSC for extra fun (or stroke+JRSC). But $$.

SVTFanatic

Established Member
Cool thanks guys. I would go blower, but I cant see spending all that money. I am on a limited budget, and its just a daily driver. I would like it to be quicker than most, but it dosent have to keep up with the cobra or anything. I figured if I can buy a few things at a time and do a slow build up, then I will be in good shape. I already have the intake , orp, and udp. A tune, tb, and flywheel/clutch combo should do it for me (other than motor mounts) I was just hoping to see #'s close to the 15 flat or lower range. Thanks again.

- mike

Users who are viewing this thread