svtf mods

topher_csr

i am looking at a svt zx5 and it has a few things done to it. just wondering how big of impact they have or if i should put the stock stuff back on. the seller has the stock stuff so it wont be hard to switc back. so here are the mods

ford racing short throw shifter
smaller undrive pulley
stiffer rear sway bar
solid engine mount
short "cold air intake" (AEM)

i think thats it, it also has some aftermarket rims on it and he does not have the stock ones, but i can sell the aftermarket rims and buy some euro rims.

thanks

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
Shifter- mostly comfort issue & does shorten shift pattern
>
Underdrive pulley- possible electrical issues due to the voltage drop from the alternator operating @ "lower" rpm
>>
Sway bar- stay away from it, seen several pics of lower passenger control arm splitting right in half.
>>>
Engine mount- depends on if all 3 or one- seen pics of cracked mounts when all three used & bushing wearing out too quickly.
>>>>
Stock airbox w/ K&N Filter works fine; Just keep that AEM filter clean & place a bag over it if you plan to flush some water in the engine compartment.
>>>>>
Go over to FSwerks website & take a look @ their front & rear stress bars. Definitely a nite/day difference when installed but you will need a wheel alignment [w/both installed, it thru my alignment off].
>>>>>
If yours is riding on the stock suspension & plan on installing the EAP euro rims- look @ putting 225/45's. There is far better selection in 225/45's and the prices are the same if not better. Just use tirerack's site to verify tire dimensions are close to the OE Continental 215/45's & you'll be fine.
>>>>>>>>
I'm riding on Yokohama's S-drive in 225/45R17 in ALL 4 corners [driving 2 summers on this tire after finally ditching the OE Continentals]. I do get the occasional rub on the front driver's side but that's only if I don't dodge the nasty ruts in the road.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread