svt zx3 vs zx5

opquickie

Established Member
does anyone know a significant difference between the 5-dr and 3-dr svtf?

and don't say one has more doors. i think the 3 dr looks better, but the 5 dr is more practical and convenient. is the weight and length noticeably different?

palte

Established Member
I believe the length is exactly the same, the doors are just shorter on the zx5, but it is the same length frame. So logically the weight may be a bit more...don't know how significantly though. But the two doors do look better and the seat-recline handle is conveniently placed right on top of the seatback so it is no problem geting in and out.

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
All Foci have the same wheel base, 103".

The 5 door does not have the same rocker mouldings although the 3 door mouldings will fit.

I am 6'6" so I prefer the long doors and longer seat tracks in the 3 door.

I am quite sure the 5 door is heavier, it has to be, it has two more window regulators/motors, two more door latches, the extra hinges not to mention the doors themselves must weigh more than the three door quarter sheet metal.

opquickie

Established Member
ok, thanks that more than enough info. so i figure the 3 door seats 2 people better, but the 5door seats over 2 better. and 50 pounds is only like +.02sec on the quarter mile give or take, so that's negligible.

inteller

Established Member
you need to to make sure you can live wthout the look of the ground effects before going with the 5 door. I think they look incomplete personally.

Primaris

Established Member
opquickie said:
ok, thanks that more than enough info. so i figure the 3 door seats 2 people better, but the 5door seats over 2 better. and 50 pounds is only like +.02sec on the quarter mile give or take, so that's negligible.

If 1/4 times are your thing the SVTF is not your car.

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
opquickie said:

Like I said, I'm 6'6" and about two weeks ago I did a 6 hour road trip with my wife and two kids, a 6 year old boy and a 4 year old girl.

No problems, both kids in booster seats and a DVD player hanging between the seats.

Not terribly roomy but not uncomfortable either.

Users who are viewing this thread