SVT will live

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
Going forward, Ford will offer one high-performance Mustang and one high-performance truck in its lineup, Fields said last week here at the New York auto show.
hyper.gif
hyper.gif
Oh please, please, please, please, please, please let it be a new Lightning!!!
hyper.gif
hyper.gif

although I could live with an Adrenalin type truck too

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
Anyone heard of this Mark Fields guy before? He's the same guy who got the Hurricane back in development isn't he?

PSNOUS

Established Member
Title: Executive Vice President, Ford Motor Company; President, The Americas

Mark Fields

Mark Fields is executive vice president, Ford Motor Company, and president, The Americas, a position he assumed in October 2005. In this role, Fields is responsible for all operations involved in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sales of Ford, Mercury and Lincoln vehicles in the United States, Canada, Mexico and South America. He reports to Jim Padilla, the Company’s president and chief operating officer.

Formerly, Fields served as executive vice president, Ford of Europe and Premier Automotive Group (PAG), where he led all activities for Ford's premium vehicle business group, and for Ford-brand vehicles manufactured and sold in European countries. Prior to that, Fields was chairman and chief executive officer of PAG.

Fields joined Ford Motor Company in 1989. From 2000-2002, he was President and CEO of Mazda Motor Company, leading the company through a period of significant transformation. He previously held a number of positions in both South and North America, including Managing Director of Ford Argentina.

Fields was named a Global Leader of Tomorrow by the World Economic Forum in 2000 and CNBC's Asian Business Leader - Innovator of the Year for 2001. He holds an economics degree from Rutgers University (USA) and a Masters in Business Administration from Harvard Graduate School of Business.

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=3810

1993cobramustan

P'O'd SVT POSTER
Established Member
SVT Lives???????

98svtC said:
I knew they wouldnt go away, not with all the hype over the Shelby.

From what I have been told, SVT has lost its marketing arm, and will have it's staff merge with Ford's Performance Group and Team Mustang Marketing........What it means is that SVT lost its management staff, so it's strings will be pulled by Team Mustang, and it will be tasked for engineering and performance items, since I think it is mostly comprised of Engineering staff.....SVT will probably never call the shots as to what is produced, that niche for SVT is gone....So until we hear differently, don't get too excited about this.....until the true picture unfolds.........

mrGT

Established Member
1993cobramustan said:
From what I have been told, SVT has lost its marketing arm, and will have it's staff merge with Ford's Performance Group and Team Mustang Marketing........What it means is that SVT lost its management staff, so it's strings will be pulled by Team Mustang, and it will be tasked for engineering and performance items, since I think it is mostly comprised of Engineering staff.....SVT will probably never call the shots as to what is produced, that niche for SVT is gone....So until we hear differently, don't get too excited about this.....until the true picture unfolds.........
I think people are assigned to a department, meaning they didn't choose the department they work for. It may be possible that there are more "SVT" people in those other groups than you think. They may have been hoping for a chance to move into the old SVT group and now. thru this downsizing effort, they are...at least that's how I'm going to look at it. Now if SVT was merged into a group of SRT people, SVT may be lost forever. It looks to me like all the ones in this combined group are Ford performance people...so I think we will continue to see exciting performance out of Ford.

Three Cobras

Established Member
Whoa, hold your horses. What's in a name or an acronym? Before getting all liquored up on SVT and their potential impact, here's one thing to consider. After first bi-monthly, then monthly, then weekly calls to SVT to get the infamous Powerlease letter due me I, and others, still do not have it. The SVT guys who answer the phone say it is not under their control anymore. If they cannot even get a letter released that they have been promising to me and others 'next month' for months since August 2004, or more recently 'next week' for the last four weeks, what does that tell you?

DaBoss302

Established Member
I would love for it to be true. but I think we have something to worry bout. Delays in Shelby , the AX on the Lightning and Adrenline.....just seems to be more and more true that SVT will not be around forever. This could be the END>......

again I hope not.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i think some people here are smoking some crack, mrGT is right. ford is merging its performance groups into 1, so how does that spell the end for SVT? i doubt there are people in the FRR department saying that they would just like to see SVT dead, other wise i doubt they would be in that department since i would doubt they would be a performance enthusiast. hope someone makes sense of what im trying to say since i cant really say it any other way.

Zalec

Established Member
new truck? SCORE! hopefully it will be the new lightning as promised back in 2003. im so happy i could go to the bar and get a drink if they werent closed :beer:
nm-04-Ford-SVT-Lightning-f.jpg

Snake Eyes

Established Member
FBMphil said:
What more proof do you want? This is straight out of the VP's mouth.

Yeah but they say lots of shit that isn't true, or they change their mind. Hell it might be a PR move. Keep the name but kill the real group and badge things SVT with out it really being an SVT product. Like when they were talking about have SVT engineered suspension and stuff. You know it would be nothing more than a few bushings, shocks and springs, but they would say it was done by SVT. Ever since Coletti left I just don't think SVT has a strong leader to get things done so who knows what is going on.

Users who are viewing this thread