SVT vs. 99 Civic Si w/mods

rpwsrw

Established Member
So 2 weeks ago im sitting in parking lot and some guy taps my window and about makes me piss my pants. I roll down my window and he says he just wanted to take a look at my car. So show him under the hood and what not. He asked if it was fast. The first thing that I though of was that its faster than Honda's new SI terd. Then he says, "Is it faster than mine?" He's pointing with his finger across the parking lot. He has a 99 Blue Civic Si with cold air, exhaust, chip and full body kit. I said, "I think so!"

Then yesterday, Im on the highway, I look over and what a surprise The Blue Civic Si. I hear him downshift, were going about 75, I shift into 3rd (not a great speed but as far as I could downshift). And were off.......he starts to pull after I shift into 4th (90 something)......then when I hit around 115 my little SVT starts to pull from him. He quit when I was around 125, his nose was at my taillights. Honda - 0 Ford -1.

Thanks for playing, ready for the next one.

Robb

OutlawdSVT

Established Member
That's a sweet great kill :D. I was just wondering if you have any mods done to your SVT? That's pretty impressive against a modded Si :thumbsup:

rpwsrw

Established Member
All i have is a Ford Racing air filter (k&N) and removed my resonator. Also, we all know how much faster my car is because I painted my brake calipers red!!!!!

What can I say, I can drive.

I saw the guy again a couple days ago, he ignored me.

SVTRules

Established Member
Originally posted by rpwsrw

What can I say, I can drive.

Hmmm ...

Good kill. But downshifting on the highway is hardly difficult. Especially against a civic. Without mods, you'd have left him when you floored it in third.

I should know. I walked all over my friend's stock SI when we were rolling. It was embarassing.

rpwsrw

Established Member
by no stretch of the imagination do i think im a race car driver....
or extremely skilled.....i have had no professional teaching or schooling.....

my whole point was that it was fun to beat Honda's top performer for under $24k, that someone also put more effort and money into to make faster. and it still cant win...

ford power

02 Focus SVT

Established Member
Right on!! Damn those HonDUHs!

Me and my buddy got into it on the highway (me 02 SVT Focus - Him Acura Integra)..my intake manifold was stuck in the short runner position (the control cable snapped) so I had no bottom end, 3rd 5000 RPM, Im pulling slightly, shift to 4th, hit 5000 and I REALLY leave him! He was impressed.

A guy I work with was all pissed off, he said an SVT Focus was sticking to him like glue from a stop to 4th gear. He said He couldnt shake him (Supercharged TBird - 96?). He just said "Damn those little things are fast!"

I wanna try my luck with an 02/03 SI.

HonDUHs...heh.

Nice Kill! :beer:

-Russ-

02 Focus SVT

Established Member
I never have been a big fan of HonDUHs. The first turn off is the "Chee chee chee" noise it makes as you start it. My buddy has a 95 EX thats done up, like, everything you could imagine, B18A swap (GSR), Viper Blue w/ ChromaLusion flames, nice wheels, airbags, etc. Not my sorta thing, but its definitely a nice nice nice car!

The Avg. HonDUH with the big Onsoku R sticker they bought from pepboys; however is a slow POS that sounds like a pack off Bee's. Of course, my Fav, the more riced out it is, the faster they think it is "Sorry dude, just becuase you painted everything in your interior yellow, does not make it a race car - even the little chrome fire extinguisher...no help.."

Its not just the cars, but the people. I LOVE Supras, but I know ONE guy with one, and he's the cockiest A-Hole Ive ever met :bash: . Just watching him while people talk (and he has a bored expression on his face) makes me want to freak out on him. UGH! And he ->HAS TO<- go to the street races w/ us on Sunday.

-Russ-

NY Black SVT

Established Member
I've never raced one from light to light, but on the open road, I have spanked one with intake and exhaust. I had to let him know there is a new Sherrif in town:lol:

NY Black SVT

Established Member
It was the '99. I do have a dyno that I posted on Focaljet when I got it dynoed a few months ago. I'll dig it up and post it here.

NY Black SVT

Established Member
I found it:-D
small-dyno

Brad

Banned
A few days ago I ran into a sonic blue one at a light. On green the guy in the focus takes off, I go as normal. He slows and paces me, then hits it. He does this 3 or 4 times. I think it was the 5th time I decided to play his game. He drops to 3rd at about 40-50 and hammers it, I drop to second and put 6-8 cars on him by 70. He had no idea what hit him. Still a slick car, but some of those SVT guys have to do their SVT homework:-D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread