SVT vehicle warranty repair..PERKS?

stvdman

Established Member
I thought there were some sort of "extra's" SVT owners get when warranty work is being performed. Something like a free rental of similar type of vehicle, free car wash, etc, etc. Is that written in the owners manual?

I know...the usuall extra's we get are continued trips to the service dept, extra $$$ coming from the wallet also :rolleyes:

Bluedot_26

This Space For Rent
Established Member
Guess it depends on the dealer .. I've always received the complimentary rental car (I don't recall it saying similar type of vehicle) every time I have brought it in and have always been offered a wash (though I refuse).

RED2003COBRA

Established Member
Free rental car is listed in the manual. The dealership here tried to tell me my simple recall work would take 4 hours and they didn't have a rental car for me. I said BS, I have it in writing that you will give me a rental for free and suddenly the work on my car only took 30 minutes. They seem to play games with you and won't give out the free rental cars unless you call them on it.

lance

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
RED2003COBRA said:
Free rental car is listed in the manual. The dealership here tried to tell me my simple recall work would take 4 hours and they didn't have a rental car for me. I said BS, I have it in writing that you will give me a rental for free and suddenly the work on my car only took 30 minutes. They seem to play games with you and won't give out the free rental cars unless you call them on it.

lance

mmm....that's not true red2003Cobra. The manual says "at participating dealers". Just because they are an SVT dealer doesn't mean they HAVE to give you a loaner. SVT pays the dealer $28 a day for a rental. Anything more than that either comes out of your pocket or the dealers. And if they choose not to participate in the program, you get nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread