SVT PHONE #??????????REPORT STALL

VENOM650R

Established Member
Damn thing stalled twice today....my turn to call and be told there is a PCM flash coming in 2 weeks...need phone # please????????:bash: :cuss: :burn: :xpl:

Phreakfree

Spitz Venom
Established Member
1800fordsvt

I'll be calling tommorrow as well.. I've stalled a few times in the last 2 weeks and am getting really tired about it. My dealer is great.. but he says and knows there's nothing he can do about it.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
At least SVT has live tech people answer the phone. That's a nice change from computer menus and 20 minutes on hold. I give Ford credit for their setup.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
phreakfree gave it to ya, but in case you missed it:
1 800 367 3788

BTW - did you ever take any pics of your viper next to the cobra?

Elapid

Established Member
I have spoke to SVT numerous times and there is always a PCM reflash available in "just two weeks". I have had it reflashed 4 times and nothing works. When you talk to SVT log a complaint. I am going to try to lemon law my Cobra because I have almost crashed due to the stall. My brakes and steering freeze up when it stalls.

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
Mine stalled last night. I eased it out of a gas station (didn't get gas though) and pulled up to a red light that was around 50 yards from the station. Just a short, slow acceleration through first and second. The brake pedal felt funny, and I looked down and realized it had stalled.

I think under the right circumstances, it could cause a rear-end collision.

Elapid

Established Member
Mine likes to stall on a turning descent in to traffic. No brakes and no steering.

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
Originally posted by Elapid
Mine likes to stall on a turning descent in to traffic. No brakes and no steering.

No brakes and no steering!!?? :eek:

Thats friggin scary man, especially if that happend on a busy highway like 95 is around here in the DC metro area, thats an accident waiting to happen! :nonono:

Elapid

Established Member
It really does get your attention. It happens a lot on the freeway on ramp to I-5 in Seattle. There is a decling sharp turn to get on the freeway and the car dies. No steering, no brakes. I pop the clutch as quick as possible and hope for the best.

03DOHC

Established Member
Braking and steering are over rated. J/K!

Mine hasn't stalled in a very long time but then again I never had a chronic staller either.

Do any of you guys with the stalling problem have an aftermarket throttle body or chip? Just curious.

Elapid

Established Member
Nope, just a Steeda CAI and Bassani catback. Did it even before the mods.

Poison_S

Established Member
I have yet to have the car stall while driving although, it has happened a few times while idling at a standstill.

Out of curiousity, when the car stalls, can you simply pop the clutch while in gear and the car starts running again?

I know that happened to me with my 83 GT when I would pull up to a traffic light, push in the clutch and the car would stall. This was mainly when the car was cold and my manual choke needed adjustment.

To get the engine going again, I would just pop the clutch while in gear.

How is this condition different?

Elapid

Established Member
Popping the clutch is really the only way to get it started again quickly, like when you need your power accessories to work. That is the only way I do it.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
03DOHC - I have a chip and the car has stalled. From what I know, the chip has no effect on the stalling.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
03DOHC - I have a chip and the car has stalled. From what I know, the chip has no effect on the stalling.
What does your car idle at? 550? 750? I've noticed my car behaves differently coming back down to idle after I installed my TB. I think it stalled maybe once since, but the car was cold and I had reset my computer the day before.

eod guy

Established Member
I did my part and called and gave them an ear full.

PLEASE everyone call them and let them know.
BE YOUR OWN SHEEP! Don't be pushed/led around!
Let them have it!

The SVT guy did bring up a good point, that in order for it to get fix we have to let them know (through a dealer). And I hate to take it in, and most of us are afraid of dealers because of mods. If you ask around (not here in OPEN) there are quite a few mod friendly dealers.

Just my 2 cent rant...

Users who are viewing this thread