SVT Performance mods

light_svt_mex

Established Member
Hi, well I'm new by this forum, I'm from Mexico and I've bought a SVT Lightning year 2000, and I would like to change the crankshaft pulley or some pulleys of the supercharger, I want it to do it faster in the quarter mile, so I want a better acceleration, any advice about this?, could you tell me what pulleys I need to change and if I need it bigger or smaller? thanks!

4a7191a

Established Member
most people run a 6lb lower, i ran a 4lb. i would recomemend a punisher Valve body to help the tranny out. intake, obx headers were cheap , but they work. look at my sigs, they netted 414rwhp and 529 rwtq. these trucks react fast to mods. lethal performance carrys most the parts, i got the headers from eracingzone.com.
oh and your goin to need to get it dynotuned to be safe.

light_svt_mex

Established Member
thanks dude, but, all I want is to replace the pulleys, something easy, I dont want so modified, I was thinkng in some headers, and a chip for the transmission, can you tell me something about this?

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
If you've read the FAQ page it explains in great detail what must be and can be done to safely gain power no matter how simple or serious you plan to go.

Congrats on the Lightning and welcome to SVTP! Post some pics of your truck when you can. :thumbsup:

jaymz

Established Member
thanks dude, but, all I want is to replace the pulleys, something easy, I dont want so modified, I was thinkng in some headers, and a chip for the transmission, can you tell me something about this?

If you put on anything over a 2 lb pulley and don't install a tune (either from a handheld tuner or a dyno tune).............

.............your truck go "BOOM!"

Jim

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I'm in the same boat. Just bought another 2003 Lightning. Had an 03 L back in 2004 but not for long. Great info Fade 2 Black.

Users who are viewing this thread