SVT Owners in the TX Panhandle

Bingo13

Established Member
I know a lightning owner in Amarillo was going to trade it in for an '03. I will ask around and see if anyone has spotted an '03/04 in that general area (I have family in Amarillo, Dumas, Hereford, and Dalhart).

RiceDaddy

Established Member
I know this thread is a little old, but I just stumbled on to it. I live up in Borger too. I usually visit this site every day, but hardly ever post. Have you heard when Amarillo Dragway is going to open this year?

VETTKLR

Established Member
Hey, nice to see another Borgan with an SVT! I thought there were a couple '04's roaming around town! Got anything done to your Cobra?

The Dragway was going to try to open up in mid-April. That's what the message at the track's # (806)622-2010 has been saying for about 3 weeks now. :)

Hopefully, it'll be opened up for business pretty damn quick, because now I've got two Mustangs to bring to the party!

*Edit: original post had the wrong phone number! :shrug:

Last edited:

RiceDaddy

Established Member
The Cobra is stock for now. I'm still breakin' in the engine. Hopefully have some basic bolt-ons sometime this summer.

I've noticed several 03-04 Cobras in town, including a vert and a 10th aniv. plus several sharp slightly older Cobras. For such a small town, seems like a lot of SVT guys up here.

I called the dragway tonight and got a different message, but this one just talked about the points banquet for this Sunday. Nothing about when the track opens, but it must be coming soon. I've got a long way to go with my driving skills before I run my car though.

Kevin

VETTKLR

Established Member
Just point and shoot that badboy!!!

I suggest some BF Goodrich G-Force Drag Radials for this summer too!!! :)

...and a Pro 5.0 Shifter if you haven't already got one!

Here's mine...
Buenos_Snake_002.jpg

Last edited:

RiceDaddy

Established Member
The Pro 5.0 is definately on my list.

You've got a very clean Cobra. Nice rims. Are those Cobra R wheels? I haven't seen your car around town. I know I would remember it if I did. Is your '85 your daily driver?

VETTKLR

Established Member
Thanks! :)

Yes, they are 2000 Cobra R's. The '96 is my street cruiser. It's packing a Vortech S-Trim, MSD DIS-4 Ignition, custom JDM tune, 4.30 gears, Off-Road H-pipe and Flowmaster 3 chamber cat-back.

Right now, I'm swapping the old posi-trac for a full blown spool and 33 spline axles in the '85 It's the track terror of the family!

RiceDaddy

Established Member
Damn!

You're not playin' around. Both those cars must be animals.

Here's my beater for work.

Lifted.JPG

and a picture of the Cobra

Cobra_Edit.JPG

HOman03slobra

Established Member
theres a few terminators in borger. 2 in fritch. alot in amarillo...i know a few that meet up at sonic on 45th in amarillo on saturday nights

Users who are viewing this thread