SVT Lightning badges?

2003BlkSVTL

Established Member
I want these badges!

1-25-811.jpg

Now, I'm aware they are on the prototype 06 Lightning, but do any aftermarket companies have these available yet

tweetersvt

Established Member
Not to sound like some kind of freak, but in all honesty, i want to remove my badges on my truck. Remove the badges, get different wheels, and change the seats. I've already eliminated the cut out in the skirt for the exaust. You dont have to slander me, I know it's out of the ordinary, but it's almost like i want to be a F-150 poser as opposed to a F-150 posing as a Lightning.

IllestSVT

Established Member
Im not going to slander you but :lol:

Yeah I hate the posers with f-150s trying to look like lightnings:nonono:

Last edited:

thom

The Logic of Being Fuzzy
Established Member
Hey, you're not alone. I want to do the same. Alot of people already underestimate my truck, not knowing what a L is. I figure I can sucker a few more without badges.

Of course, there's the bumper, and my side exhaust... But I'm not going *that* far.

tweetersvt

Established Member
The bumpercover stays. but i did hide the exaust, and fill in the cut out. I'll keep it as is for now, I think the first thing I'm going to do is replace the seats, and install an expedition console, then I may go all out. It stays as is untill I hit low 12's. Then and only then will I focus on the cosmetics.

thom

The Logic of Being Fuzzy
Established Member
Well, I want to shave the badges, the door handles, the antenna, body-match the sidesteps and other black plastic areas, and put a nice rollpan on, put some Recaros in, Expy console...

I have no idea how much it costs to shave and paint, though, or how to hide the side-exit exhaust.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Bada$$ badge! I'd like to replace the original tailgate badge with that one. Always on the lookout for unique looking items.

jster171

CRACKER
Established Member
I dont want to put my foot in mouth, but I think I can make those?? I have a roll of chrome vinyl, all I have to do is the artwork and try to duplicate it. Granted, this would be a decal instead of a heavy badge, but the look would be there like on all the F-150's with "F150" on the back quarter panel which is a decal?? I may try to make those if some may be interested.

tweetersvt

Established Member
Duende, the side exaust was pretty straight forward if you know anything about fiberglass and body filler. It looks very nice.

thom

The Logic of Being Fuzzy
Established Member
Oh, well that figures. I know nothing about any of that.

Heh. I suck. Oh well. Thanks for the info, though.

Blown347Hatch

so long
Wow, I kinda like the way a Lightning looks with the factory badges, skirts and exhaust. You can get races even though it is a Lightning with Mustangs, Camaros, Firebirds and Vettes. The ricers are scared, but they won't race anything but another fart bomb.

tweetersvt

Established Member
well, if you go to aftermarket bucket seats, it's just kind of plain if you dont have a console, and from what I gather the expedition center console fits quite nicely.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Originally posted by tweetersvt
well, if you go to aftermarket bucket seats, it's just kind of plain if you dont have a console, and from what I gather the expedition center console fits quite nicely.

Ahhhh gotcha.

Users who are viewing this thread