SVT help my friend pick a car

LOLasaurus

Established Member
So heres what the guy "requires" of a car

Cheap (must be under 18k with TTL)
Must be from a dealership so he can finance
Fast (Im pretty sure the fastest car this guy has been in is a mustang gt with exhaust so im not sure what his definition of fast is)
Reliable
Decent gas mileage (He drives a taurus right now so im guessing he wants MPG in that range)
Cheap to maintain
Cheap to insure
Must be torqey
Must have good gains from bolt ons

I told him to look at Fbodys but he went on and on about how his dad had one and he didn't like it.

I told him to look at either a 05 mustang GT, 01 cobra, or 03 mach 1 but then he bitched about it being too small.

He doesn't want to consider things like a SRT4 neon or a cobalt SS. Because he said he doesnt want a fixed up grocery getter.

I about to just tell him to quit being a picky bitch but do you guys have any other suggestions?

Also it cant be european or a hatchback

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Chevy Cobalt SS
30 mpg
260 hp, 260 lb ft

Front wheel drive, though. It's spanked several more expensive and more powerful cars in track tests with various auto mags. It doesn't look the best and the interior blows, but the little sucker can scoot. Responds well to mods, but they're far from cheap...

Hahn RaceCraft Homepage

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
I know you said he doesn't want one of those, but it's either that or quit being a picky little bitch.

stangboy04

Tre' flippin
Established Member
Evo, you can find decently modded used ones in the 15-18k range, and the AWD might make up a little for the torque, stay outta the boost and get 4-cylinder MPG :thumbsup:

LOLasaurus

Established Member
Evo, you can find decently modded used ones in the 15-18k range, and the AWD might make up a little for the torque, stay outta the boost and get 4-cylinder MPG :thumbsup:

I mentioned the evo and he cried about it being 4 door, but eventually he said he'd be willing to live with it.

Now its just a matter of finding one at a dealership that will finance him

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
First why should we help your friend buy a car?
Second - is his internet broken? Does he not know how to google?
Third - if he is as picky as he sounds why is he asking you to ask us to help him?
fourth - tell him to buy a neon it would fit his apparently helpless personality

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
So 4 door evos are too big and mustangs are too small. WTF does he want lol..

I would say GTO or C5 vette.

Last edited:

LOLasaurus

Established Member
First why should we help your friend buy a car?
Second - is his internet broken? Does he not know how to google?
Third - if he is as picky as he sounds why is he asking you to ask us to help him?
fourth - tell him to buy a neon it would fit his apparently helpless personality

First - Don't feel like helping thats cool, *edited by moderator*. Let me redirect you out of my thread Road Side Pub - SVTPerformance

Second - No his shit isn't broken but sometimes it easier to ask a friend then spending hours trying to research every car out there.

Third - I tried helping him and couldnt come up with anything he liked. So I figured I'd ask SVT

Fourth - Thanks for the advice, I'll relay that helpful info along.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
First - Don't feel like helping thats cool,*edited by moderator*. Let me redirect you out of my thread Road Side Pub - SVTPerformance

Second - No his shit isn't broken but sometimes it easier to ask a friend then spending hours trying to research every car out there.

Third - I tried helping him and couldnt come up with anything he liked. So I figured I'd ask SVT

Fourth - Thanks for the advice, I'll relay that helpful info along.

I am not being a dick. I am being straight up. he sounds like someone that will bitch no matter what you (or we) recommend.

The guy sounds like my ex wife. Ask for help and when you give them an answer they bitch about the answer.

And if you couldn't come up with anything he liked I can guarantee you we won't be able to either. whatever he buys if he winds up not liking it or if it breaks down on him he will blame whoever recommended the type of car.

and just FYI it is not YOUR thread.

97cobra1

Established Member
He started it... so technically it's his thread...

Just sayin.

With that said, tell your friend to stop being a picky little bleeding sandy vagina bitch.

LOLasaurus

Established Member
I am not being a dick. I am being straight up. he sounds like someone that will bitch no matter what you (or we) recommend.

The guy sounds like my ex wife. Ask for help and when you give them an answer they bitch about the answer.

And if you couldn't come up with anything he liked I can guarantee you we won't be able to either. whatever he buys if he winds up not liking it or if it breaks down on him he will blame whoever recommended the type of car.

and just FYI it is not YOUR thread.

FYI since this thread started someone listed the GTO, a car I overlooked earlier

I told him about the GTO and he loves it. Now we just need to find one.

Kinda kills your "will bitch about everything" theory

But anyways I'd like to thank you for all your insightful advice and worthwhile contributions to MY thread.

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
So 4 door evos are too big and mustangs are too small. WTF does he want lol..

I would say GTO or C5 vette.

I win.

Although I have heard some bad stories about Carmax, they will ship any car they have at any of their dealers in the US to you. Pretty convenient if you find a car thats far away.

LOLasaurus

Established Member
I win.

Although I have heard some bad stories about Carmax, they will ship any car they have at any of their dealers in the US to you. Pretty convenient if you find a car thats far away.

Thanks for the help :beer:

What kinda bad stories have you heard about carmax?

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
Thanks for the help :beer:

What kinda bad stories have you heard about carmax?

Like any used car dealer, they buy cars from auctions. They just buy so many that not every car is a prime example. I've heard of people buying cars that had been in accidents, strange electrical problems.

Just make sure to get a carfax of the car youre interested in. Get a third party to look it over if possible. If the car you find is far away, find an honest member here on svt to go look it over, and send them some $$$ over paypal for the trouble.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Like any used car dealer, they buy cars from auctions. They just buy so many that not every car is a prime example. I've heard of people buying cars that had been in accidents, strange electrical problems.

Just make sure to get a carfax of the car youre interested in. Get a third party to look it over if possible. If the car you find is far away, find an honest member here on svt to go look it over, and send them some $$$ over paypal for the trouble.

Remember that Carfax is not the end all of reports. It is merely an indicator of what, if anything, has been reported to them. Not all info makes it to carfax.

Having a qualified mechanic look it over is the best insurance for not buying a problematic car. Things like a compression check is a must IMHO before you buy a used car.

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
remember that carfax is not the end all of reports. It is merely an indicator of what, if anything, has been reported to them. Not all info makes it to carfax.

Having a qualified mechanic look it over is the best insurance for not buying a problematic car. Things like a compression check is a must imho before you buy a used car.

qft

F the V-TAC

Established Member
I mentioned the evo and he cried about it being 4 door, but eventually he said he'd be willing to live with it.

Now its just a matter of finding one at a dealership that will finance him
evos are cool if they're not riced up, but tell him to be careful, a lot get beat up on.... I would tell him to look at an evo forum, maybe there is a checklist on there of things to look for before buying one

Users who are viewing this thread