SVT Help me decide my next car

redline360

Established Member
I've been currently looking around for a new toy and DD that's decently fast and gets decent mpg. Going to look at some cars tomorrow(also looking in the 20-25K range). I know this is a Ford site but most of you are car enthusiasts that appreciate other brands

So far I am thinking....
1)GTO... Awesome interior for what it is, decent mpg, decently quick
2)C5 vette....interior meh, looks better then the GTO and other things
3)Newer Stang....Well I havent been impressed with any i have been in so but still going to drive some:shrug:
4):shrug::shrug: Any suggestions

But im thinking ide rather have a GTO > C5 but would take a C5Z >GTO. What do you guys think about this?? What do you thinks the best color for a GTO??? Dunno if im a fan of that blue or not...but you get the picture. Im liking silver the best so far

816733.jpg

816733.07.jpg

I know some of you own GTO's so whatever info i should know or what to look for would be helpfull.

Last edited:

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
IMO best color in a GTO is either black or silver...not a fan of that blue on the GTO, but if ur talkin newer mustang in vista blue that looks awsome

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
05/06 GTO can be had for less than 20 if you look around.
C5Z can be had for 22-27k with decent miles
newer Gt- would be the very last on my list- especially since the price is about what the other 2 would be.

I'd go C5Z or Terminator for the "best bang for the buck" factor. Then LS2 GTO- last would be the S197 Gt.

just my .02 though- GL

cthunder

Established Member
Goats are no longer made and you have a whole selection of like two wheels... no goat.

The C5's are nice, but, meh.

Terminators are cool, but good luck finding an unmolested one.

S197's LOOOOVVEEEE boost!

redline360

Established Member
05/06 GTO can be had for less than 20 if you look around.
C5Z can be had for 22-27k with decent miles
newer Gt- would be the very last on my list- especially since the price is about what the other 2 would be.

I'd go C5Z or Terminator for the "best bang for the buck" factor. Then LS2 GTO- last would be the S197 Gt.

just my .02 though- GL

I was thinking about an 03/04 cobra but im not making an all out street car.

Just need something decent on gas, something thats decently quick that i can still have fun in, and has a decent ride quality. The interior of the 03/04, vette sucks b*lls but i could live with a C5Z though. I would love a Termi one day but the Z is just a simply better car in almost every aspect then the cobra soo

Yea the wheel selection on the Goats are not to good lol. Hmm G8 would be nice, might have to drive one.

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I was thinking about an 03/04 cobra but im not making an all out street car.

Just need something decent on gas, something thats decently quick that i can still have fun in, and has a decent ride quality. The interior of the 03/04, vette sucks b*lls but i could live with a C5Z though. I would love a Termi one day but the Z is just a simply better car in almost every aspect then the cobra soo

Yea the wheel selection on the Goats are not to good lol. Hmm G8 would be nice, might have to drive one.

According to STS (Squires Turbo Systems) their C5Z mule got 40 mpg with their kit while making over 500 RWHP:rockon:

but seriously C5Z's have been known to get high 20's/low 30's mpg.

If you want something decent on gas the "boatlike" weight of the G8 is something to avoid:nonono:

For me it's a toss up between the C5Z and the Termi- I found a low mile KB Mystichrome in Va for 29 and a procharged 04 C5Z in Ky for 27- what to do, what to do?

Last edited:

Boostlag

Darth Vader Status
Established Member
Id get the vette. Nice interior doesnt substitute for a car that looks like a 2 door grand am/prix. Ive never really liked the GTO's honestly,but thats just my opinion. And the s197's dont really do much for me either. I love C5 vettes though.

redline360

Established Member
According to STS (Squires Turbo Systems) their C5Z mule got 40 mpg with their kit while making over 500 RWHP:rockon:

but seriously C5Z's have been known to get high 20's/low 30's mpg.

If you want something decent on gas the "boatlike" weight of the G8 is something to avoid:nonono:

For me it's a toss up between the C5Z and the Termi- I found a low mile KB Mystichrome in Va for 29 and a procharged 04 C5Z in Ky for 27- what to do, what to do?

Yes the vettes do great on mpg...upper 25+ never heard of 30s lol

Friend has a 05 GTO and is pretty damn good on gas too. Cobra is out of the question.

redline360

Established Member
Id get the vette. Nice interior doesnt substitute for a car that looks like a 2 door grand am/prix. Ive never really liked the GTO's honestly,but thats just my opinion. And the s197's dont really do much for me either. I love C5 vettes though.

I actually think the GTO's look pretty good. Well maybe cause they have grown on me lately since i'm looking for a car. I would still rather have a GTO > C5 though. C5Z > Goat

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Yes the vettes do great on mpg...upper 25+ never heard of 30s lol

55mph= 36
65-70mph= 31-32
90mph with cruise on 27

Done it many times.
Avg mid-high 20s

But that is autp with 2.73s lol
Dog out of the hole.

C5 is my choice for what your looking for.
Decent ride, great handleing, good performance, good MPG and looks good

03whipedsnake

Established Member
i'd go with a term but if you want to stick to the list i would go with the Z, it looks great, gets decent mileage, and its a major attention grabber to drive a vette

Users who are viewing this thread