Svt Focus with high miles

Leeroy697

Established Member
Hi guys I have been looking for a new cheap daily driver and I found an SVTF for sale here in Michigan with 144K on it for 4800 OBO. He says that he always used synthetic oil every 3K. I dont usually get scared by high miles but I was just wondering if any of you guys have high miles on yours and how they have held up?? I would like to get at least 2-3 years out of it. Thanks

HTPerformance

Might ask one of the ford dealer workers to run a OASIS report on it to see what work has been done to the car. Also get a carfax. You need the VIN for both of these reports. Then if those look pretty clean I would say go for it!

spdkilz02

Established Member
i have 67000 on my 03 right now and havent had any problems with it. i have only done plugs and wires to it.

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
graywolf_14 said:
What if he isnt a wuss and does his own work?

If he did his own work under warranty then he's not a wuss, he's an idiot.

Oasis only tracks warranty claims, not maintainance.

graywolf_14

Established Member
Ok u have a point there didnt think about that. I forgot what a warranty was seeming ive never had one. Oh and svt doesnt recommend synthetic fluids.

Primaris

Established Member
graywolf_14 said:
Ok u have a point there didnt think about that. I forgot what a warranty was seeming ive never had one. Oh and svt doesnt recommend synthetic fluids.

What? Where did you read that?

Leeroy697,

If your main concern is cheapness, you would be better served by the base focus. The base focus gets better mileage, the parts are little cheaper, and they are cheaper to buy in the first place.

graywolf_14

Established Member
The focus I am looking at had a booklet that had a bunch of stuff in it about the svt and its options and it said that svt does not put synthetic fluids in anything during the break in period and does not recommend using synthetic fluids in the svt.

Leeroy697

Established Member
The thing is still for sale but I have not looked at it in person. I dont really like the regular focus all that much thats why I was looking at the SVT. Is the gas milage that much different?? I get 21 in my wrx and thats about what I would like to keep on getting.

graywolf_14

Established Member
It is advertised at 34 on the highway and I think around 24 or so in the city. I cant remember for sure but it is somewere around there.

Primaris

Established Member
I average 25.5 MPG (this is from my records), and remember you have to run premium in the SVTF. So on the highway I get about 28 MPG and in town about 22 MPG, (these are my opinion).

6SpeedLover

Established Member
Primaris said:
I average 25.5 MPG (this is from my records), and remember you have to run premium in the SVTF. So on the highway I get about 28 MPG and in town about 22 MPG, (these are my opinion).
I agree 100%, those are not your opinion.... Those are about Exact figures...One thing, for sure.... Primaris knows his SVTFoci Jets...

Users who are viewing this thread