SVT Focus vs Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

robraySVT

Established Member
First off, I know that most people will call B.S. on this, but this really happened.:shrug: I was coming home from work tonight and while I was stopped at a red light at the very front of the intersection in the left this @$$ hole stops behind me half in the middle lane and the front of his car right behind me. I didn't think much of it at first, but the light turned green, and I granny shifted to second at 3k rpms going real slow. For anyone familiar with our cars they are dogs below 4k rpm, but after 4k they wake up all the way to redline at 7300rpm. Anyway, all of a sudden I hear this loud squeel and immediately look into my rearview to see some mullet headed inbred trying to haul ass around me in a 03-04 silver Grand Prix GTP. I immediately stomped on the gas in second, and it took me a second to realize this dumb s$%t was trying to show a weak little 4 cyl how fast he is.:coolman: Well, and I was shocked as hell, as soon as I hit 4k in second I immediately stopped his progress and we were door to door all the way up to 7,300 were I speed shifted to third and then came up on some traffic and slowed down. I know my car is not the fastest thing on the road, but I think he was shocked that I hung with him because he hung way back and never caught up to me after that. I know he probably would have pulled away, but I think a little NA 4cyl did pretty well against a supercharged V6.:beer:

2814v

Established Member
I have surprised a few with the SVTF, the funnest are the SUV's and truck's. They just know thier big V-8 will smoke your little 4 banger gas saver. Most have no idea about power to weight ratio's. Let alone what an SVTF is. Good kill!!:beer:

scsvt

Established Member
the best thing in the world is beating a crappy v-6 with a focus, and them having no idea why a focus beat them, no idea what the svt could do

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
That is why I love my SVT Focus.

Kind of a funny story here about how people don't know what an SVT Focus is....My wife and I were coming home from work one day, her in her Porsche Boxter S and me in My SVT Focus. We ended up at a light next to each other. She had the top down, so I threw her a rev (normally she can't hear me do this with her top up and radio on). There are a bunch of cars behind us watching as we rev our engines back and forth at each other. The light turns green and we both jump on it. She bogged the launch badly and I jumped a good car out of the hole. She normally doesn't take the car to redline and she doesn't powershift, so I maintained my lead until we had to hit the brakes for the next light.

Some guy in a pickup truck pulls up next to me (we are on a three lane road) and he is freaking out about how I beat that Porsche. He asks if I have a turbo and all this other stuff. A bit later as I'm driving down the road some guy in a Grand Am honks and gives me a thumbs up for beating the Porsche.

Now normally, my wife walks all over me in the Boxter, she just doesn't always drive it to its full potential, and this time she really messed up, but it's funny how people reacted to that race.

4.6 Love

Established Member
I thought they were fast! I have gears, exhaust, hypertech, pulleys, nittos, shifter, intake and I ran a 2000 GTP from a stop and he was right there with me all the way to third where I started pulling him hard!:shrug: .......I was surprised it was that quick!...maybe he was modded!:rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread