svt focus mods

JVENOM

Established Member
what type of mods do they have for the focus? all motor what are your fastest 1/4 times and trap?

6SpeedLover

Established Member
Not that this matters, but I can give you a kill list on what I beat at Flash-Light Drags (no times though) all fun. All I have done to my 04 SVTFocus is Ported Throttle Body, and Cold Air Intake. So far I beat..... 05 GTI Turbo, 03 Jetta Turbo, Scion Tc (stock), CrossFire (neck and neck) until he missed 3rd. A number of stock Civic Si's, and integra's... Anyway, I had my share of Deaths also... Like I said its all in fun, and safe on track :) But to answer your question about Mods for the Foci, there are a number of things out there for them. They say these cars can run a 15.2 Stock, not bad for a non-Turbo 4-cylinder..

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"

BrookhavenTuner

Established Member
6SpeedLover said:
Not that this matters, but I can give you a kill list on what I beat at Flash-Light Drags (no times though) all fun. All I have done to my 04 SVTFocus is Ported Throttle Body, and Cold Air Intake. So far I beat..... 05 GTI Turbo,

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"

ok that GTI cant drive for hell. my friend went 14.5 last weekend stock w/ a 2.4 60'ft

but a intake pully, SCT tune on the car and you will be very happy with it.

JVENOM

Established Member
not bad for a focus, i was just curious to see what they run and what type of kills...cool man thanks! how you guys do against honda's with swaps?

6SpeedLover

Established Member
JVENOM said:
not bad for a focus, i was just curious to see what they run and what type of kills...cool man thanks! how you guys do against honda's with swaps?
I always get Raped by modded V-Tech Hondas,and Acura's at the Track.. Is that what you meant by swap (modded)? Sorry, not sure what you mean. There is a bud of mine that has a Jap Spec engine in his Civic (all bolt-ons) and he takes me everytime, by a car or so (every friggin time ) lol

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"

6SpeedLover

Established Member
BrookhavenTuner said:
ok that GTI cant drive for hell. my friend went 14.5 last weekend stock w/ a 2.4 60'ft

but a intake pully, SCT tune on the car and you will be very happy with it.
Not calling you a Liar, but that is a full second faster than the stock SVTFocus (10 car lengths) in 1/4 mile. And the HorsePower in the GTI is only rated at 10 more than the Foci...

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"

02AllBlackSVT

Hmm....
Established Member
Are we talkin bout a 1.8 l turbo or the vr6 because my friend has a vr6 and he ran a 15.2 with exhaust and CAI thats all he has done and I can keep up with him.

Ive beatin a Honda hatch dx with a b16 swap and I beat it by like 2 cars on the highway but on the street they take off faster but there best gear is 2nd so. And of course ive rapped my friends stock civic coupe, umm my friend with the vr6 gti we stay together, raced a tc beat it by like 1 car length, colbolt ss no supercharged haha thats a kill, my dad drives a colbolt ss supercharged he beats me by 2 cars (dont race more than a 1/4 mile but highway is a differ story) not bad for a stock vrs s/c. thats all that I can really think of. I havent found a SI that will race me yet oh and ive beatin a 96 eclipse. But theres all my wins. At the moment

6SpeedLover

Established Member
02AllBlackSVT said:
Are we talkin bout a 1.8 l turbo or the vr6 because my friend has a vr6 and he ran a 15.2 with exhaust and CAI thats all he has done and I can keep up with him.

Ive beatin a Honda hatch dx with a b16 swap and I beat it by like 2 cars on the highway but on the street they take off faster but there best gear is 2nd so. And of course ive rapped my friends stock civic coupe, umm my friend with the vr6 gti we stay together, raced a tc beat it by like 1 car length, colbolt ss no supercharged haha thats a kill, my dad drives a colbolt ss supercharged he beats me by 2 cars (dont race more than a 1/4 mile but highway is a differ story) not bad for a stock vrs s/c. thats all that I can really think of. I havent found a SI that will race me yet oh and ive beatin a 96 eclipse. But theres all my wins. At the moment
Cool kill list Bro, the GTI that I beat was a Turbo. I thought the VR6's were faster than the Turbo's??? I agree with you 100% about the V-Tech 2nd gear, thats when they do the pulling, and as for the the SuperCharger Cobalt, thats pretty impressive to lose by only 2 lengths :rockon:

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"

02AllBlackSVT

Hmm....
Established Member
No the vr6s are slower but not by much. Wat mods do you have if you dont mind me asking. Theres not many 1.8s here to race Ive just raced a vr6 cuz hes my friend and we are always working on are cars together.

6SpeedLover

Established Member
02AllBlackSVT said:
No the vr6s are slower but not by much. Wat mods do you have if you dont mind me asking. Theres not many 1.8s here to race Ive just raced a vr6 cuz hes my friend and we are always working on are cars together.
I dont mind at all Bro, ask anything you want. My only 2 mods are CAI, and Ported throttle Body. I put the 2 mods on at the same time, so I really felt a difference (Alot more out of the hole) The Throttle Body took 10 minutes to change, but on the other hand, the CAI had me pulling half of the right side of engine apart (lol) Give me another few months, and I will take down a modded V-Tech.... Hopefully :shrug:

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"

02AllBlackSVT

Hmm....
Established Member
I was thinking of getting a ported TB. So they do make a good difference, yeah my CAI I had to mod the supporter that held the CAI on by the radiator. It was a pain, but I finally got it on in bout a hour or so.

Lightningfr

Banned
yea me too the bracket was easy to bend though..
one of the tubes had a flat spot..

what do you expect for 80$.....
but im getting a breather that hose for the valve cover has got to go i never seen anything so cheap haha
off to pep boys in the morning..
5/8 hose i think =/

6SpeedLover

Established Member
02AllBlackSVT said:
I was thinking of getting a ported TB. So they do make a good difference, yeah my CAI I had to mod the supporter that held the CAI on by the radiator. It was a pain, but I finally got it on in bout a hour or so.
If you do decide to go with a Ported Throttle Body, please dont spend the money for a new one (way over priced) Goto svtsalvage.com. They take your stock TB and port it for you, for less than half of a new one. There is a few options they give you, so give them a try first.

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"

6SpeedLover

Established Member
Lightningfr said:
svtsalvage.com i herd isnt doing it anymore
:cuss: :cuss: that sucks man, I hate to see you spend all that money for the name, and shiney aluminim that you dont see alot of... Good luck on finding a used one :rockon:

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"

Users who are viewing this thread