Svt focus. happy or no

TIAMAT

Established Member
I want to know what you guys think about your svt's. I'm considering getting one and you guys have had yours for sometime now. Whatcha' think?

AZ SVT

Established Member
Great car. After 4k miles I would do it again. I'm more used to 300+ HP but love the handling. If you are more into straight line speed you might be disappointed.

93 Lightning

Established Member
Hey,,I would like to know how you like'em too!I have been thinking of maybe looking at one.I know they arent the fastest thing on the road but they must feel like they are flying,,,170hp ,,6speed in that litle car should feel fast,,,right???:??: What kind of gas milage are you getting out of your cars?I would like to look at one but the closest SVT place is about 21/2 hours away:cuss:

TIAMAT

Established Member
Yes. The hatchback handle will be color matched to the car. The inner fenderwells will have alot more insullation and there will be a 5 door svt focus to go along with the current 3 door. I want one.
J-mart

cruznsvt

Established Member
NO

I don't consider matching handle colors a change worth mentioning. If you got the black then they matched anyway.

When it comes down to it there aren't any changes except that they will offer a 5dr but that isn't a change to the 3dr.

OutaFocus

Established Member
The HID headlights on the Mach Edition and the European Focii will be an option on the 03 SVT. Also the CD player will play MP3's.

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Re: NO

Originally posted by cruznsvt
I don't consider matching handle colors a change worth mentioning. If you got the black then they matched anyway.

When it comes down to it there aren't any changes except that they will offer a 5dr but that isn't a change to the 3dr.

I think the mathing color will be paint instead of the textured black plastic. The 5-Door is a huge change. There will be some limited edition 5-Door's too...later in the 2003 model year. I just can't say what it will be called.

TIAMAT

Established Member
In a zx3 you can hear everything that gets kicked up in the wheel well. Water, salt, nand rocks. It's extremely noticable to the point where i questioned it. I like the car alot and i would rather get the 2nd year instead of the first.

Focus Daddy

Established Member
The changes coming in 2003 (besides the addition of the ZX5) aren't worth arguing about. It's after the new Focus design comes out (2004/2005) with the bigger engine we'll all have to see what SVT comes up with. That would be worth waiting for if I didn't already have my 2002 SVTF (which I wish came with the new headlights offered on the homely sedan).

Users who are viewing this thread