Svt focus fuel pump

oneredxtreme

Established Member
My fuel pump shot craps the other night. I purchased the svt focus fuel pump and installed it tonight. Everything went smooth and it ran fine. After driving it about two miles I threw a code. I ran the code and got P0453 which said : Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor High Input

It is to my understanding that this is to do with the tank pressure right?

I cleared the code and put it away for the night. Can someone tell my if this is maybe because the tank was just messed with or is somthing else wrong.

I checked all my connections and everything was hooked up, all elecrtical and vacuum.

Is there a specific connection that I should double check and pay more attention to?!?

Any input would be helpful.

Last edited:

Mineral_01'

Established Member
Hmm, kinda sounds like one of the lines to the fuel evap canister on the left side of the tank might not be sealed all the way. Are you smelling any raw fuel around the tank, if so its got to be a loose connection. Should be a total of three emmision/ vent lines coming out of the tank, plus the fuel filler vent hose that routes back up to the filler neck.

oneredxtreme

Established Member
Im not smelling any raw fuel around there.... all the evap hose connections are hooked up :shrug:

I did not start it and drive it yet to see if will throw the code again.... I'll do it tom. and we shall see!

oneredxtreme

Established Member
Could this possibly be a gas cap issue? The only reason I ask is because I sort of broke the cap when I was trying to take off the little black plastic piece that holds the cap to the car. If you know what Im talking about. I never liked the cap dangling on the paint when filling up. The part that broke was inside the cap it kind of makes the nossle part which is inserted in the filler wobble a little bit. It does click when tighting the cap after fueling and seems to fit fine. But could this make it throw that code... Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor High Input ?

Or is there a separate code for the gas cap?

Users who are viewing this thread