svt focus fuel pump... delphi

cobra916

Established Member
f5cf0a29.jpg

i have been looking into fuel pumps for a bit..i found a delphi fuel pump for about 100 bucks cheaper..read online good things about them..even though most on ford sites are like buy oem only..from what ive found on the net..delphi makes oem parts.. and i was surprised to see what i found today..walbro..everything seems to match up fine..just the neck seems to be 1/4 inch too long..not sure if this is going to be an issue..will find out tommorow.just thought id post to let everyone know we have a cheaper alternative.:beer:

cobra916

Established Member
^^^^^^ :beer:
so finally got the car going..the pump fit fine.. even with the neck being 1/4 inch longer..all filters that came with the pump fit nice..over all the pump seem nice but the stock pump weights more and the plastic on it is a more heavy duty style plastic..only time will tell if the pump holds up..if anything happens in the future ill update this thread..

cobra916

Established Member
f13dfeef.jpg

i was surprised to see how dirty the strainer was with only 40k miles..the camera makes it seem a lil worse but it still wasnt pretty.ive had the car since 21k and mostly pumped chevron but not sure what the lady before me did..still was surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread