SVT focus Fuel issue

04svtfred

hey guys wondering if i could get some help. i have a 2004 svtf with some kind of fuel issue so i have been told. i took my car into ford for some warranty work and also noted that my car would hesitate an lose power before i would actually accellerate. they told me that it was due to gunked up fuel injectors,the fuel rail an also the throttle body needed to be cleaned. could someone help me out a little an tell me if that is true . the fuel service i guess is like 150 bucks to do.. anyone know anyway to clean these parts myself without using cheap fuel injector cleaners? or if it could be any other kind of issue.

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
That's a really vague description of the problem, could be fuel, could be a sensor issue, could be a lot of things.

What's been done to the car for maintenance?

04svtfred

since i have owned the car i changed the fuel filter. did a oil change, also changed the plugs and wires (used msd wires and ngk plugs) . the car has 59k
on it . im just basicly going off of what ford said to me. the warranty work they did was change a sensor on the tranny an a o2 sensor. like i said they claim that the lack of power im getting if from the fuel rail an injectors being dirty. they also said it could have came from the previous owner putting 87 gas in there . bascily what the car is doing is when i initially put power to it, it kinda hesitates then goes also at about 3-4k just cruising it tends to seem like it missing or something. i mean im thinking about just replaing the rail w a oe rail and putting better injectors in it.. whats your take on it?

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
It's virtually impossible to say at this point.

One thing you should do is get the timing belt changes, it may only have 59k on it but rubber belts age just from time and running an old belt is risky on these.

You could have a TPS issue, MAF issue, vacuum leak or any number of other things with your description.

Are you running 91+ octane fuel in it now?

Users who are viewing this thread