SVT disbanding?

'93blownCOBRA

Established Member
I now see that the rumors are looking to be true. As of April 1...no more SVT. I wish it was an April fools joke. Anyone know any details (besides the obvious....the lack of American car sales over the last year)? :??:

blown...

Last edited:

kcp203

Established Member
The really sad thing is that performance cars, Mustangs especially, are the only strong segment for American car sales.

Why wouldn't they disband the group that came up with the 500? That thing hasn't sold half of what they thought it would, while there are waiting lists for Mustangs that sell at or above MSRP.

frankin

Established Member
kcp203 said:
The really sad thing is that performance cars, Mustangs especially, are the only strong segment for American car sales.

Why wouldn't they disband the group that came up with the 500? That thing hasn't sold half of what they thought it would, while there are waiting lists for Mustangs that sell at or above MSRP.

The really sad thing is all the other American car manufactures are forming or have formed high performance divisions, and Ford get rid of theirs. Go figure. :shrug:

Naja

cobra keeper
Established Member
Where is this information coming from??

I just got off the phone with SVT and they said it is only a rumor. :shrug:

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
I just got off the phone with them and they told me it is true! They already answer the phone "Ford Performance" and not "SVT". Had to request certificates today, because after today he said " there will be a fee for them". They will still be there just a different name and different job duties. And you will be able to still call and request info on your car.

Naja

cobra keeper
Established Member
:shrug:

That's not what he told me but I'll take your word for it. They must be receiving a ton of calls.

If so, I think they should have atleast waited until the 07 cobra goes public. Who brings out a new product then expires the company before anyone gets there hands on it??? :bash:

Naja

cobra keeper
Established Member
This explains some, thanks. :beer:

"Yes, the 2007 Mustang in Shelby Cobra trim is still coming, and yes, it was developed by SVT. And yes, it'll have SVT badges, because it's too late to take them off. But it is the last genuine SVT product."

Users who are viewing this thread