SVT Contour needs tires

00 SVTC

Established Member
I'm deciding that I'm going to keep the 16s on for the year but I have some long lasting all season crap tires on right now and they gotta go.

I was planning on getting a set of 225/50/16s but now I need suggestions as to which one. I'm not so much worried about life and I don't give two shits about ride quality as I am all for cornering and dry traction. From what little I do know, I think a stiff sidewall is almost a must from the way I remember the transition from my 17's performance tires to my 16" all seasons. It just felt like the front end went where it was supposed to, but the rear end swayed a bit to get back in line. The bridgesotne potenza RE050As look like they'd offer good traction, but there was a comment that the soft sidewall was something they were going to have to get used to. Then the Bridgestone Potenza S-02 looked even better from the compairson. I'm just looking for some educated help over the 16 year old kid at the next tire center.

grendel

Established Member
well in the same price range as the S-02 the are the bfg kdw and the michelin pilot exalto. but if you want a really high performance tire there is the michelin pilot exalto pe2 or the kumho v700 victorracer, with is a little more expensive. i am not a very big fan of bridgestone so that mgiht be coming in to play a little here.....

00 SVTC

Established Member
Thats another thing, I don't have one brand preference over another. I had a set of Goodyear F1 GS-D3s and personally I wans't impressed, and the price I paid earlier was even more of a dissapointment. I'm open for anything here, these were just the two that seemed to stand out performance for price.

Users who are viewing this thread