SVT Contour as a Daily Driver???

White98SVT

Established Member
Just for curiousity sake how does an SVT Contour stack up as a DD?

Do you have to run premium fuel in it?

What is the MPG?

I couldn't find much info on it.

Thanks.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Do you HAVE to run Premium in it? No. However, it is highly recommended and you'll find some that swear you have to and/or throw the 'saving a couple bucks is stupid' arguement. As for MPG, depends on your driving style, expect mid-20s on the highway depending on your cruising speed. We are geared low at 4.06.

shfd739

Established Member
Drive mine to work 70 miles round trip 3-4 days a week.Ive put on nearly 25,000 miles in the past year.Its a great car,all Ive done is Mobil 1 oil changes every 4-5000 miles.Premium fuel isnt that big a deal it cost me an extra 2-3 dollars a fill up but I could tell a difference on regular when I got on it.I get around 22-25 mpg going to work and on highway trips right at 30mpg.Most bang for the buck car around.

contourSVT93

SVTtour98
Established Member
If you didnt find info on that then you did not search CEG well enough... check over there.

As for a DD mine is and I get around 20 mpg in city driving.

TJSwoboda

Established Member
Mine's been my DD for over 4 1/2 years, since buying it with 9K miles on the clock. Clutch blew up after a year thanks to abuse on the part of the first owner, transmission went last August at 69K, don't ask about mileage (especially since moving to Vegas) but hey it's a fun car. :burnout:

--T.J.

Users who are viewing this thread