SVT Cobra Mustang Club (SCMC) at VIR in October!

Gray Ghost GT

Established Member
SVT Cobra Mustang Club (SCMC) at VIR on 16/17 October!

Hey gang,

Virginia International Raceway (VIR) is one of the most beautiful road courses on the east coast and for a reasonable price you get lots of track time and quality instruction with SCMC.

Who's going to "[ame="http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17904"]Full Throttle Ford Fest[/ame]"?

This event will be on the full course and is scheduled for 16 & 17 October. SVT Cobra Mustang Club (SCMC) HPDE events are open to all manufacturers. Good bunch of guys that run a safe event.

Mike

vir_track_map2.gif

scmcbanner.jpg

Last edited:

wheelhopper

Established Member
I ran that event last year as well as their 3 day event at the end of May for the past 3 years. They are a great group to run with and have some fast cars/drivers. I probably will not make it this October. Most of my events will be with NASA since I instruct with them. I'll have to start inquiring with other clubs to see if they will accept my NASA intstructor credentials. It is simply hard to pay for an event when I can instruct with NASA and drive for free.

Gray Ghost GT

Established Member
I ran that event last year as well as their 3 day event at the end of May for the past 3 years. They are a great group to run with and have some fast cars/drivers. I probably will not make it this October. Most of my events will be with NASA since I instruct with them. I'll have to start inquiring with other clubs to see if they will accept my NASA intstructor credentials. It is simply hard to pay for an event when I can instruct with NASA and drive for free.

Many clubs recognize NASA Instructor certifications. You'll probably need to do one check ride with their senior instructor. The following are POCs that you can contact to request Instructor status with their respective clubs:

Mazda Drivers: Dave Nugent, Operations Director, [email protected]
Track Daze: Jeremy Jens, Operations Director, [email protected]
SVT Cobra Mustang Club: Tony Sorrentino, Registration & Instructor Logistics, [email protected] and Rick McNutt (Hazman)
Chin Motorsports: Mark Hicks, General Manager, [email protected]

Last edited:

wheelhopper

Established Member
I have met Tony a number of times at VIR. He usually refers on track decisions to the senior instructor, Rick McNutt. What I have been told is that they like to use their instructors, but I'll keep trying.

I'll keep an eye out for events from the other clubs you mentioned and check with them as the time approaches. Thanks.

Gray Ghost GT

Established Member
Looking forward to heading out this Friday for this event! I guess a lot of people don't plan to go. Went last weekend with NASA - weather was great!

BlackStripes

Established Member
Mike??!?!?!?

Dude... its been a loooong time, I think the last time we share a track was like 3 years ago.

Its not the registration .... its the car :) Some people say that I might get my car back at the end of the month.... the 30th ;) . I want to drive the damn thing on the street at least 2 weeks and then take her to the track... I see a FATT in mid Nov... I am still looking for more events later on, but I need to see how she behaves at the FATT :)

Gray Ghost GT

Established Member
I totally understand. I get my Corvette back from Virginia Speed next week after having a new engine, clutch, radiator, accusump, motor poly bushings and more installed. I was planning to go to the Chin Motorsports event at VIR during the last weekend of this month for its "maiden" voyage. It has 20 more hp and 13 more tq than the last engine!

BlackStripes

Established Member
Nice :).

Hopefully my car will be around the same (always had) power, but I lost ... ok, not me, the car lost around 100lbs from the nose, so I guess I am only 200 heavier now! :D

Man, I can't wait!!!

Gray Ghost GT

Established Member
The weather here is outstanding! Had a few great laps in the 2:19s [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5Mzskjy4rg&feature=mfu_in_order&playnext=1&videos=w0cQr4k1Wyg"]YouTube - Mustang GT VIR Full 2:19.26[/nomedia]. The car show looks good too. Cool seeing all those motorcycles do a couple laps around the full course during lunch. :beer:

Last edited:

kelp

Yes, great weather and great group. Video from the Blue. Have fun!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7aeynHVdmU"]YouTube - VIR Full - SVT Cobra Mustang Club SCMC - October 2010[/nomedia]

Users who are viewing this thread