SVT and Next Gen Cobra in Trouble, we can help

Black93Cobra

Established Member
I posted this elsewhere but it bears repeating...

To my extreme dismay, the next gen Cobra is in jeopardy. It would seem the "bean counters" within Ford are lobbying to eliminate SVT and all their products. The SVT Focus was the first casualty, now the Lightning has been delayed and might be totally nixed. See the attached link from a knowledgeable Ford insider.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/...ead.php?t=17520

We can help by faxing SVT and we all should, not only those of us who wish to purchase the next gen Cobra but those of us who have enjoyed SVT products over the last 11 years. If you love Ford products and Mustangs in particular, we have to let Ford execs hear the voice of their enthusiast community loud and clear. Don't eliminate SVT or their products either the Cobra or the Lightning.

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
Ford's gonna do what Ford's gonna do. I know that we puff our chests out and say that "we saved the Mustang from being a Probe", but Ford's not gonna lose the farm over one specific breed of horse no matter how much we hue and cry.

Besides, if they have to cut corners to build an SVT just to produce it, it will black their eye quick. They want low defects or no build at all.

SVT_driv3r

Established Member
how many friggen times is this going to be posted... like i cant stress enough... im as pissed off by the rumors and it makes me sad to think that this might actually happen for various reasons... then other reasons lead me to believe that it wont... my only opinion is wait 8-9 months... if we dont hear shit then... then we go to dearborn and i say we build the shit ourselves if we have to

Black93Cobra

Established Member
Not looking to puff out anybody's chest (mine included) just trying to be sure Ford hears the collective voice of the enthusiast community. If it does get canned, at least we can say we honestly tried to be heard and save our favorite Pony.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
If the cobra gets canned or not....they will still make a uber mustang and charge 35k+ for it. That one is just a given...

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
They will always do something to keep up with the high horsepower competition.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
I hope they never axe SVT. If they do, it's like telling Chevy and Dodge that they won in performance.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
Well those of us with SVTs already would likely benefit from Ford closing up the SVE shop. Perhaps Ford can build high performance Ford vehicles without the 'SVT' badge or it could be that Ford may be considering pulling the plug on SVT for the sake of allowing Ford dealerships to sell 'Shelby' badged vehicles without in-house competition. Who knows?
One thing I will say is that if they truly kill all SVT vehicles, then it would be probably the most idiotic move of a manufacturer seeing as how Ford has developed such a following and a degree of prestige in their SVT vehicles. These Ford buyers are perhaps the most loyal to the Blue Oval brands and if Ford discontinues making these types of cars, these loyal consumers could very well become disillusioned with Ford.
I know that Ford people read these message boards, so they can listen to what their customers have to say or lose them to somebody else. Personally, I'm becoming more and more interested in Chrysler's products now and its directly because they are pumping driving excitement into their brands and look more committed to performance. Consider that Ford had the chance to convert the Five-Hundred and Fusion to RWD and compete with the 300/Magnum and Charger, but like GM, they are apparently convinced that FWD is what people want. So be it. I've been a Ford loyalists for a long time and I know there are a lot of other loyalists on this site, but I'm glad Chrysler has the guts to put up the horsepower numbers and give the market performance-oriented vehicles of all different make and models. They are a relative new-comer and already have 4 SRT models with at least 3 more SRT models on the way in the 300, Magnum and Charger. Keep 'em coming Chrysler and keep it up Ford and you'll be be trying to win over Honda and Toyota owners while your customer base has moved over to Chrysler!!!

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
John Coletti and his SVT crew came through for us with the Lightning and Cobra. How can we not take a few minutes to write and fax a letter to help them out? They are our kind of people.

Users who are viewing this thread