SVO Master cylinder

Mustanganatic

FOG
Established Member
I'm putting Baer 4-piston calipers on the front and PBR single piston on the rear of my '89. I currently have SSBC rear discs and had to put in an SVO master cylinder to bring the pedal back up. Even with the revalving for the stock master cylinder included with the SSBC rear disc kit, the pedal was going down about half way. I'm thinking I'm going to have the same problem with the Baers since I'm pushing 8 pistons up front now, vs. the stock calipers. The Baers are for all intents and purposes the same as the Brembos on the GT500. Any opinions on the SVO master cylinder with the Baer brakes?

wheelhopper

Established Member
Call MM and aske them. When I put '03 Cobra brakes, front and rear, on my fox they recomended a 93 Cobra or a 94-95 GT master cylinder.

blownfox

Established Member
This is what I got through MM.

BMC-4 (94-95 cobra master cylinder 15/16 bore) and MMBAK-8 (master cylinder adapter kit, 94-95 Cobra M/C for 87-93 mustang with stock prop valve)

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Its hit or miss from my research when using the SVO MC with PBR type calipers on the fronts. Some like it other don't. Most recommend what like Doug said, except 94/95 Cobra MC.

Users who are viewing this thread