SVE Wheels

aldeezy87

Established Member
How can I know how wide I can go on SVE wheels. Would like to have 11 wide in the rear

IMG_8602.JPG
IMG_8532.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Attachments

• IMG_8533.JPG
    IMG_8533.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 27

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
is it a 9 or 10" wide wheel back there? I cant imagine an 11" tire (so bigger than a 315) not bulging like crazy on a 9" wheel

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
This week, I picked up a set of LMR Series 2 wheels for cheap. The rear 18x10s had some 285/35 18 Falken tires on it. I took them off and put them up for sale locally. I'm in the market for some 305/35 18 Nitto 555 R2s.
I run the same size tire on my 18x10 Cosmis, but they are Mickeys. They hook like a mofo but I started to get bad vibrations on the highway last year.

My SVE wheels are gunmetal and have 2 small scratches that I'd like to touch up. I tried contacting LMR a couple days ago for touch-up paint suggestions, but no reply. They sell touch-up paint for their wheels on the site, but go figure, no gunmetal. Anyone have any suggestions?
If I hear back from LMR I'll report back with their suggestion.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
This week, I picked up a set of LMR Series 2 wheels for cheap. The rear 18x10s had some 285/35 18 Falken tires on it. I took them off and put them up for sale locally. I'm in the market for some 305/35 18 Nitto 555 R2s.
I run the same size tire on my 18x10 Cosmis, but they are Mickeys. They hook like a mofo but I started to get bad vibrations on the highway last year.

My SVE wheels are gunmetal and have 2 small scratches that I'd like to touch up. I tried contacting LMR a couple days ago for touch-up paint suggestions, but no reply. They sell touch-up paint for their wheels on the site, but go figure, no gunmetal. Anyone have any suggestions?
If I hear back from LMR I'll report back with their suggestion.

if nothing else there are paint shops (sell paint, not body shops) and if you bring stuff in they can scan it to mix up paint for you.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
if nothing else there are paint shops (sell paint, not body shops) and if you bring stuff in they can scan it to mix up paint for you.
Very true. Now would be the time for me to do it, while they are off the car. Not even sure I'm gonna use them yet.
From what I've read they WILL clear the 00R Brembos though, which is what I will need.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
No, a 315 will work as well, as long as you can get them to fit, as far as clearance goes.
Also, some brands of tires tend to run a bit more narrow.
I'd say a 315 from Nitto is about the same width as a 305 from MT

Users who are viewing this thread